Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,061   Online: 1127

Shooter
    Multi Format

C-41 First Timer; Add Photo-Flo to Stabilizer?

I ordered a Tetenal C-41 kit from B&H and mixed it up and processed a roll of Fuji Pro 160S that I shot in my Holga. It's drying now, and the processing went off (relatively) trouble free. The Blix caused my tank to leak (I didn't know I had to burp as often as I found out I need to). Thankfully the top didn't blow off, but I did get some Blix on my hands.

The Stabilizer included in the kit is just Hexamine, no wetting agent that was listed on the ingredients. Would it be detrimental to add half a mL of Photo-Flo 200 to my 1L of Stabilizer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This has been asked here a few times... this should help http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...p/t-62575.html
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link! I'll add some Photo-Flo to my Stabilizer.

One more thing: if I cross-process slide film in my chemistry, will it cause it to expire more quickly, or is it the same as processing a C-41 roll?
    Last edited by brofkand; 07-13-2012 at 08:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It depends who you ask (again, search the Forum). IMHO, it hasn't made any effect, but... there is one thing, you will need to do an E6 style stabilizer at the end... http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...tabilzers.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    btw, what film are you going to x-pro?? I have some e6 film pics uploaded that I x-prod. www.bcarlsonmedia.com/blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know which films I'll XPro, or if I will ever do it at all. I've never done it, or seen xpro'd film, so I guess I just want to try it.

Plan on using my Tetenal kit for mostly Portra 160 with my Pentax LX, maybe some Fuji Pro 160S in 120 or Ektar 100 as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PhotoFlo should not be added to or used instead of stabilizer. PE has posted that many times.

Next we will be hearing about adding liquid dishwashing soap to stabilizer. <<sigh>>
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every time I've added Photo-Flo to stabilizer, I've ended up with marks and streaks on my film, as if the Photo-Flo simply beads up on the surface of the film. They're easily removed with a damp cloth, but still, it isn't worth the hassle. Don't use Photo-Flo with C-41 film, just the stabilizer. Sirius, PE, et. al., are absolutely right.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin