Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,403   Online: 1020

Shooter
    Multi Format

First Roll of Self-Processed C-41

I just did my first roll of C-41 film, Fuji Pro 160S. I shot it in my Holga (the only medium format camera I own as of now). I actually held up a stack of +1, +2, and +4 close-up filters in front of the Holga lens, which gave me a MFD of about 6 inches.

The processing went off fairly well; the Blix caused my tank lid to leak (I didn't know you had to burp as often as you really do), and I got water spots but I've added some Photo Flo to my Stabilizer so I shouldn't have that problem again. As for the Blix, I'll just burp more often.

Scanned this using my Epson V500. I'm going to shoot some Portra 160 in my LX soon.

This is exciting to me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c41first.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	53909

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Very nice!

I've been dying to try C-41/E-6 at home for a long, long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great...Only one medium format camera? Glad you are having fun, that is what it is all about.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Beautiful results. DIY color developing is easier than we all were led to believe over the past xx years.

And we have to become more self sufficient, especially with formats other than 35m C-41.

Home development is our future.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lovely job!! I just processed my first roll of C41 a few weeks ago so I definitely know your excitement! I only have a 35mm but I definitely want to get a MF camera at some point but I keep trying to tell myself I still have to learn the film gear I've gotten in the last six weeks (Nikon FG, processing film, the durst 606 enlarger I was given, etc.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats, i am almost done with B&W and no fear there and i keep doing for long time i hope, but i still not sure about processing color[C-41/E-6], once i buy the chemicals i will give it a try.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done, you've come out with some very natural colours

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone! It is easy...in some ways easier than B&W (same for all films), in other ways not. The Tetenal kit is just a way to whet my appetite, but I'm sure once these chems are dead I'll get some Flexicolor or Digibase chemicals to do it right.

The Holga is the only MF camera I own right now....not really sure which way to go with medium format yet. Go small and AF (Pentax 645N)? Go big, modular, manual focus (Mamiya RB67)?

I may skip over medium format all together and go to 4x5. I have used all these formats and really appreciate the 4x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice. Inspiring.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, very nice!

Had it not been for home C-41, I would have given up on Kodak Gold 100 for example, as local labs were ruining it for me.
    Those who know, shoot film

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin