Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,499   Online: 1015

Thread: Negative logic?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Negative logic?

Anybody ever change the markings on their head to RGB so they didn't have to think backwards?
    Imitation cameras come with big egos, real cameras do not include accessories.

Images
    I have a stupid question -What do you mean?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like when you decrease yellow value in filtration the inverse occurs to the print. So if you are thinking about your output (print) it is unnatural to have a dial marked 'Yellow' whose respective meter is directly impacting blue in the sense that decreasing value decreases blue NOT yellow.

Why is it done that way rather than corresponding to the final result?
    Imitation cameras come with big egos, real cameras do not include accessories.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RGB heads are different. I think Beseler had at least one head with RGB filters. The process is additive. The CMY is subtractive.

Using a yellow filter with B&W film will reduce blue. If you're used to thinking of filters and colour with B&W then it's a little easier.

But after awhile it become second nature to lower yellow when you want more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Negative logic or subtract color logic is not that hard once you get used to it. I have too simple rules for managing color changes:

1. Add or subtract a primary then add or subtract the complement on the color head, respectfully.

2. Add or subtract a complement then reverse - subtract or add, respectfully.

Simple.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin