Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,532   Online: 1045

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Best colour neg film for saturation

Question:
    What, in you varied opinions, is the best colour neg film for bright, vibrant landscapes?

I'm heading off to Thailand / Phuket soon and am looking for a film that will produce the brightest, most colourful sunsets as well as handling the high contrast of the midday sun on the beach. Have looked at Kodak Supra 200 so does anyone have any opinions of this film?

I would normally be using Kodak Elitechrome Extracolour on a trip like this but just want the convenience of prints in this case.

Images
    I've been getting really saturated stuff on NPH a little over exposed. I have never gotten it before you might try it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try a roll or two of Kodak UC100 and UC400 before you go.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa makes a great ultra saturated film, it replaced their ISO 50 Ultra, the ISO 50 was almost like looking at a slide, the new Ultra 100 is really good for vivid greens and reds, you might check a roll out before you leave.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The UC films by Kodak, Fuji Reala (rated @50), Agfa Ultra 100 and Fuji NPC are the ones I would try

Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Agfa makes a great ultra saturated film, it replaced their ISO 50 Ultra, the ISO 50 was almost like looking at a slide, the new Ultra 100 is really good for vivid greens and reds, you might check a roll out before you leave.

Dave
    Ultra50 was over/hyper saturated! Is the Ultra100 anything like that? I haven't tried it yet. Martin Parr used Ultra50 for a lot of those incredible ubersaturated shots in Think of England - wonderful photographs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin