Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,684   Online: 781

Shooter
    Large Format

E6 development issue?

Yesterday I shot 12 sheets of Provia 4x5, and 3 rolls of Provia 120. I developed all the sheets sheets of 4x5 and they came out perfect. However, on the 120 rolls the highlights were blown out, and slightly overexposed by 1/3-1/2 stop. The only difference is that Instead of agitating with inversion like I usually do I spun the reels in my Pattersen tank

Is it possible that I agitated too much? This was my first time with the spinning method. My times were the same and temperature was within a 1/2C throughout the process. Colors were perfect, just overexposed. If it matters I used the meter on my RZ67 which has always given me spot on exposure.

I cannot post examples because this was a nude shoot and my friend ask that I not post these.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't developed E-6, but generally when using continuous, rotary agitation with development, one has to decrease developing time -- about 15%, roughly. So of course, the shorter the dev time, the more potential there is for sub-optimal results. Essentially, you've pushed the film a stop or two.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin