Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,761   Online: 854

Shooter
    35mm

Now that's the way film should look...gorgeous

Stumbled upon this couple's photosteram doing a seach on flickr. There was a discussion here a bit back about how good film could look (versus the typical results seen on flickr with bad processing and expired film). Thought some of you might enjoy...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/judyand...7594588545388/

Also some other fantastic collections they have:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/judyandpaul/collections/

Enjoy!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am not sure there's 'one way' film should look, and frankly if there was, it wouldn't be these. There are some really nice shots here, but to be honest, nothing standout and certainly no special film rendering aesthetic displayed IMO. What did you see as the 'special ingredient' here? I may be missing something.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are tons of way better film photos on flickr.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is it a co-incidence that your post is followed by a link to your Flickr page?!!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some of the shots have very nice colour, but to be honest, when I saw the thumbnails, I thought they were digital. I'd never tire of looking at those types of scenes though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is hard to beat apug portfolios when it comes to film look: from Gene's bromoil, Prifti's collodion up to many fine art silver prints from many great photographers.

Shooter
    35mm
    No link to my Flickr homepage there, thats just the work of a couple who I happened to stumble across while searching for wildflower field shots. They have some great shots, most importantly with great colors. One look at the biggest film groups photo pool on flickr ("I Shoot Film" group), and it can be seen that many, I would say say most actually, of the images there feauture horrendous colors due to bad processing, use of expired film, and bad scanning on flatbeds. It was refreshing to see some great shots with the fantasic colors I remember from the film days. Maybe no point in sharing here. It saddens me however, when I think how many youngsters are excited to try film for the first time, then get the typical flickr Film type results, and never try another roll. If only they could see what a fresh roll of Portra or Velvia, propoerly processed, scanned , and printed (or projected) can look like. (better yet, analog printed for the portra)....maybe more newbies would fall in love with film, and the results it can givelike I did a decade ago, and stick with it....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not impressed. There's much more interesting film work from what I've seen on Flickr.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pukalo View Post
    No link to my Flickr homepage there, thats just the work of a couple who I happened to stumble across while searching for wildflower field shots. They have some great shots, most importantly with great colors. One look at the biggest film groups photo pool on flickr ("I Shoot Film" group), and it can be seen that many, I would say say most actually, of the images there feauture horrendous colors due to bad processing, use of expired film, and bad scanning on flatbeds. It was refreshing to see some great shots with the fantasic colors I remember from the film days. Maybe no point in sharing here. It saddens me however, when I think how many youngsters are excited to try film for the first time, then get the typical flickr Film type results, and never try another roll. If only they could see what a fresh roll of Portra or Velvia, propoerly processed, scanned , and printed (or projected) can look like. (better yet, analog printed for the portra)....maybe more newbies would fall in love with film, and the results it can givelike I did a decade ago, and stick with it....
    To me shooting film is more about the process than the results. It's true that film looks different, but I don't think it's that much different to be the sole reason for shooting film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really do not find anything on those two links other than opportunistic, theme-repetitive holiday snaps. Indeed, good for them for using film. If they are scans from prints, how do you qualify "that's the way film should look"?

Let me make the observation that there are a large number of high achievers here on APUG producing work of very high quality standards. Some will be found on Flickr, others will be found by links published on their posts. There will be many examples of personal interpretations of how film "should" look.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin