Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,324   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6 forumla

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone,

Oxleyroad, hi Andy, I did call Vanbar again and they had stock in of the Tetenal E6 kits for which I have already placed an order. I am sorry mate, apparently when I did call them before they were out of stock waiting on a shipment from the supplier which was running late. I have been told by Vanbar that it is a regular stocked item, but sometimes there might be a wait on stock to arrive form the supplier. This is good news that I can get the kits here in Australia, even though there might be a wait on them.

Bmbikerider, many thanks for the information and links, I did contact Firstcall Photographic and Silverprint, they will not ship to Australia. First call will ship if I organise a freight forwarder and that has to be by sea. AG Photographic have and will ship to Australia. Thanks for the contacts mate.

Rudeofus, many thanks for the link to the Fuji formula.

Even though I have now some suppliers both here in Australia and overseas I would like to try making up an E6 formula just to see if it does work. Getting the raw chemicals should not be a problem because Vanbar do sell raw chemical and there are many suppliers of chemicals in Australia. Here is hoping I can get all the ingredients.

To everyone else who replied, many thanks for your support.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff C View Post
    Hi everyone,

Oxleyroad, hi Andy, I did call Vanbar again and they had stock in of the Tetenal E6 kits for which I have already placed an order. I am sorry mate, apparently when I did call them before they were out of stock waiting on a shipment from the supplier which was running late. I have been told by Vanbar that it is a regular stocked item, but sometimes there might be a wait on stock to arrive form the supplier. This is good news that I can get the kits here in Australia, even though there might be a wait on them.

Bmbikerider, many thanks for the information and links, I did contact Firstcall Photographic and Silverprint, they will not ship to Australia. First call will ship if I organise a freight forwarder and that has to be by sea. AG Photographic have and will ship to Australia. Thanks for the contacts mate.

Rudeofus, many thanks for the link to the Fuji formula.

Even though I have now some suppliers both here in Australia and overseas I would like to try making up an E6 formula just to see if it does work. Getting the raw chemicals should not be a problem because Vanbar do sell raw chemical and there are many suppliers of chemicals in Australia. Here is hoping I can get all the ingredients.

To everyone else who replied, many thanks for your support.
    Now would someone PLEASE get this stuff into CANADA.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have to agree that these E6 formulas are among the worst I have ever seen!

PE
    Ron...

If my ageing memory serves me well enough, E6 processing (and I have done a lot more than my fair share of 36mm, 120 and 4x5 ) did not and does not require re-exposure to light for reversal.... that was the E3/E4 process. (and might I say I was happier than a pig in sh*t when E6 arrived on the scene).

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken;

E6 can use a fogging bath or reversal exposure before color development. Use of either one is optional.

But, given that, the formulas are really wrong!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope someone can help me out?

It has been some time since I have taken a transparency image, I like most people used my digital camera for almost everything due to busy life style, but now I have some time on my hands I am now longing to get back into the darkroom. I am right in the middle of unpacking and resetting up the darkroom. I have just shot and hand processed at the local pro lab some E6 films and when I got the results back I was very disappointed, not in my technique but in the processing. There were back dots and scratches all over the place and I know that the scratches were not caused by my camera, my B&W was perfect, it was a lab problem. I did process my own E6 in a Jobo CPE2 many moons ago and I did use the Agfa kit, which is no longer available. I have had a good look around Australia and there are no E6 kits available here, I have tried overseas and they cannot ship to Australia by air for some reason, the only other option is to mix up my own E6 chemistry from raw chemicals. Which leads to my question.

Does anyone out there have the complete E6 formula? I have seen some discussion some time ago about this and I am hoping someone now has the complete formula, times and any other information that can help me out.
    The issue on shipping overseas is that it's a monumental pain to do it. Some of the chemistry is considered dangerous goods, usually class 8, corrosive, due to the fact that developers can be strong alkalies. This means that it requires special handling and the shipper needs to have a spill response service on standby in case there is a spill. It may also not be able to be shipped on passenger aircraft. There is also about 5 times the paperwork involved. For a company like Kodak or Fuji, this is something they deal with every day, they have special carrier deals, it costs you $50 extra to get it shipped, it probably costs Kodak 50¢ due to the fact they ship this stuff by trailer load. They can afford to have their own spill response team.

For a smaller vendor, it's not worth the cost or aggravation with one possible exception. A vendor who simply orders stuff from the supplier shipped direct. Then the supplier deals with the shipping. However that supplier may not ship out of the country, because they have another office in the receiving country that would be greatly offended if they did. Sending the order on to the local office, may not work if the local office does not carry that particular product.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even if you get all the ingredients (which is quite difficult in my experience) you should still start with a commercial premixed kit, and once you feel comfortable with it you can start replacing individual bathes one by one. If something goes wrong with the premixed kit, there are people here on APUG who can help you because these kits are well known. If you then run into trouble with your own brew, you know at least which bath causes the problems and can focus on that.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin