Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,405   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6 forumla

Shooter
    Multi Format

E6 forumla

I hope someone can help me out?

It has been some time since I have taken a transparency image, I like most people used my digital camera for almost everything due to busy life style, but now I have some time on my hands I am now longing to get back into the darkroom. I am right in the middle of unpacking and resetting up the darkroom. I have just shot and hand processed at the local pro lab some E6 films and when I got the results back I was very disappointed, not in my technique but in the processing. There were back dots and scratches all over the place and I know that the scratches were not caused by my camera, my B&W was perfect, it was a lab problem. I did process my own E6 in a Jobo CPE2 many moons ago and I did use the Agfa kit, which is no longer available. I have had a good look around Australia and there are no E6 kits available here, I have tried overseas and they cannot ship to Australia by air for some reason, the only other option is to mix up my own E6 chemistry from raw chemicals. Which leads to my question.

Does anyone out there have the complete E6 formula? I have seen some discussion some time ago about this and I am hoping someone now has the complete formula, times and any other information that can help me out.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are two companies in UK that I use, AG Photographic and the other Firstcall Photographic and on their websites there is no indication that they will not send items overseas. Give them a try. There is another called Silverprint, but I have not used them, however I have heard good reports about them

The websites and telephone numbers =

www.ag-photographic.co.uk tel 0044 121 366 0016 (Based in Birmingham)

www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk Tel 0044 182 341 3007 (based in Tauton)

www.silverprint.co.uk 0044207 620 0844 (Based in London)

Good luck
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 07-29-2012 at 03:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Geoff I do my own E6 and I buy my Tetenal chemistry here in Oz. I could not see why it cannot be shipped from Vic to Qld. I buy from Vanbar here in Melbourne (there is a Sydney store as well).

I know others that use Fuji chemistry and they buy in from the UK which actually works out cheaper than I pay from Vanbar.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone,

Bmbikerider, many thanks for the information and links, I will contact them and let you know the outcome.

Oxleyroad, hi Andy, I did try Vanbar, that is where I get most of my gear from, but when I contacted them regarding the Tetenal E6 kit they were out of stock and it has been on back order for quite some time.

I hope that one of the suppliers that Bmbikerider listed will be able to ship to Australia. Even if they do it would be handy to know how to mix up your own E6 Chemistry. I do know that Vanbar sell the raw chemicals.

Cheers Geoff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/ken...erWrites46.htm
    This is one example. Search e6 formulas for more. Good luck finding all the parts.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    There are two companies in UK that I use, AG Photographic and the other Firstcall Photographic and on their websites there is no indication that they will not send items overseas. Give them a try. There is another called Silverprint, but I have not used them, however I have heard good reports about them

The websites and telephone numbers =

www.ag-photographic.co.uk tel 0044 121 366 0016 (Based in Birmingham)

www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk Tel 0044 182 341 3007 (based in Tauton)

www.silverprint.co.uk 0044207 620 0844 (Based in London)

Good luck
    AG-Photographic recently shipped 2 5-Liter Fuji E6 Chrome kits to me in San Francisco. Was quick and painless. I've been very satisfied with their service and the qualify of Fuji's kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kodak chemistry is inexpensive and very easy to replenish (much simpler than C-41, if you wish to do so). I've used with and without ferricyanide bleach (with sulphite clearing bathes) with no discernible difference.

The First Dev on Kodak chems is 200mL of concentrate to 800mL of water for replenisher. 950mL of replenisher + 5 or 6mL of first dev starter watered up to 1L for working solution.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/ken...erWrites46.htm
    This is one example. Search e6 formulas for more. Good luck finding all the parts.
    Of all the formulas that must be one of the most incorrect formulas out there How in the world did CD4 end up in that recipe??? An E6 fixer based on sodium thiosulfate? Hydroquinone in the first developer? The phrase "Adjust to pH 6-1l.7" in the CD better be a typo, yes?

This one seems to be the Fuji formula: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/4...i-recipes.html, with a much higher chance of success.

Good luck getting the ingredients, though, especially if obtaining the E6 kit is already an issue ...
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to agree that these E6 formulas are among the worst I have ever seen!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it smelled fishy.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin