Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,740   Online: 948

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Use Velvia 50 at EI64. Take it to the max!
    ....or wuss out and use Provia 100. I don't think 400X has very nice colour, but more like an Edwardian looking-glass palette. You'd be wanting to accentuate the colours, which are sometimes pale and almost always fleeting. A long exposure will record more of the 'dancers in the dark' than a quick one, but it's all what strikes you as personal preference.

Northern lights and star trails would be a treat!!

I am heading to Norway in the next 3 years for the Northern Lights — research is proceeding.
    ha ha....capturing the lights on Velvia 50 would be magical....if only I could do that. 50 or even 64 is way way way too slow for the lights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoanalyst_god View Post
    ha ha....capturing the lights on Velvia 50 would be magical....if only I could do that. 50 or even 64 is way way way too slow for the lights.

Sorry! I didn't realise you were using 4x5. I doubt very much Velvia 50 would be the fitting Cinderella under the stars for such long exposures...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin