Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,655   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Flexicolor list question. Help me out plz!

Hi,

You've probably heard this question so many times but I'm still confused even though I did search and read many threads.

I process about 10 sheets of 4x5 portra and 3 rolls of 120 portra a week with my JOBO CPE-2. I've been using the tetenal c-41 from BH and looking to save some money on chemistry. Help me out plz!

1. Am I going to save money if I get the flexicolor?

2. Do I get these developer starter and the developer replenisher?

Kodak Flexicolor Developer / Starter.
    $7.99
    Kodak Flexicolor Developer / Replenisher, 5-gallons. $34.95

3. Where do I get the bleach and fixer?

4. I live in New York. Is there a website where I can purchase all developer starter, replenisher, bleach and fixer?

Many thanks in advance,
    Last edited by rustyair; 08-10-2012 at 01:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Www.pfsny.com also sells all the chemicals you need, and they ship by weight without hazmat charges.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a look at www.ag-photographic.co.uk. Based in Birminham, England. Their on-line catalog lists several C41 developers and I KNOW they will ship to the USA. Their prices are quite reasonable in UK but I don't know about the shipping costs. But these should be off set with a reduction of 20% which is the UK tax before shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trebla offers C41 and RA4 chemistry: http://cpacimaging.com/photomain.asp

This is a group of former EK engineers that have duplicated the EK stuff.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post

I can take subway to B&H should take me a little more than an hour but not sure if I can carry all the heavy chemicals back to my house....Am I able to get all the chemicals I need if I go to the B&H store? Would I able to save money if I use the 'in store only' kit?

I'm looking for clear answers for number 1,2,3 Please.
    Last edited by rustyair; 08-10-2012 at 07:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    1- yes.
    2- yes.
    3- same place as the developer.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	55242

Ok...Last check. Here is my pfsny.com cart and the total is $276 including shipping.
    Does anyone know how much I'm saving by doing this?
    Last edited by rustyair; 08-11-2012 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That is the same as what I got when I first started in C-41, I processed enough film to make it about $0.95 per roll if I remember correctly. Where I lived at the time it cost $4.50 to have it processed at a pro lab. I use a Jobo to minimize the quantity of liquid needed and I use the bleach twice before discarding.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greg, with regeneration you can use bleach way more than that. I am on my 6th or 7th go-round on the same 5L of blaeach, regenerating each time, and negs still looks great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin