Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,604   Online: 1116

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Konica 160 Pro / 135

Anyone familiar with http://www.ebay.com/itm/310389335930...ht_4743wt_1141 this iteration of Konica 16o.

Is it similar to either of the Fuji 160 versions?
    I don't see much Konica films around my area so haven't sampled ANY of their emulsions.
    I'm assuming the grain would be moderate mostly wondering about color and contyrast.
    Is color/contrast exaggerated like a VC version of a Kodak Portra or lower in contrast like a "S" version of 160 Fuji or older regular portra.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Anyone familiar with http://www.ebay.com/itm/310389335930...ht_4743wt_1141 this iteration of Konica 16o.

Is it similar to either of the Fuji 160 versions?
    I don't see much Konica films around my area so haven't sampled ANY of their emulsions.
    I'm assuming the grain would be moderate mostly wondering about color and contyrast.
    Is color/contrast exaggerated like a VC version of a Kodak Portra or lower in contrast like a "S" version of 160 Fuji or older regular portra.
    Konica merged with Minolta then sold out to Sony in 2006, when they stopped making film, so any film out there is expired by now. If it was freezer stored from fresh it's probably okay, there is no guarantee with fleabay though, lots of people shove a box of film next to the furnace, they they want to sell it and freeze it and claim it's been freezer stored.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's marked 2009 from Ultrafine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have 20 rolls of this stuff in my freezer - I fairly recently shot one roll and I liked it. It is somewhat lower contrast to consumer film and the colors were good. I think it was a bit more grainy than modern professional films, but not bad. If it were me I'm not sure I would pay $50 for 100ft of it but it does seem film has gone up in price generally quite a lot in the past few months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry newcam, apug notifications are landing in my spam box and I only just saw your reply.
    Yea, 50 bux is right on the edge and plus it's expired a bit.
    They were selling Portra 160 for 49.00 but it went up so you are correct about the pricing…fresh or not.

Thanks for the observations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think Ultrafine is selling Portra 160 perforated for $55, I bought some a while ago from them and it was good. I managed to buy about 1700 ft of unperforated Portra elsewhere for an average of $22 per 100 ft, and I modified a Nikkormat to work with unperforated.

If you do go for some Konica I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they raised the perfed Portra 160 to 69 plus shipping. I have one can left from awhile back but cant remember what I paid but it was cheap.
    They have unperfed Portra 160 for 35.00 BIN or 29 opening bid.

Care to share what you did to the nikkormat? I have an FT2 with a good meter (love the mats) I could definitely modify.

Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin