Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,770   Online: 858

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a Trelux FilmPAC product described on the CPAC site. It says its for CN-41 processing. I'm not sure what that is, maybe CPAC's name for C-41?

Info about Trebla's FilmPAC in this PDF.

Minilab Supply Store sells some Trebla FilmPAC products, but no real detail on what they consist of.

Now these folks, Southpoint Photo Imaging Supplies, have a Dallas office that is only 30 minutes away from me. They carry Kodak, Fuji, and Trebla chemicals and paper, according to their website. My guess is they don't do retail sales, but it's worth a shot. Will call them tomorrow.

Dan, thanks to you and to Bruce for the feedback on Trebla quality. I do have a CPP-2. It sits on a shelf in my darkroom, out of the way, when I'm not using it. It's much easier for me to process my own film in the evening than it is to make two trips to the nearest decent C-41 film processor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems like threads like mine aren't all that uncommon. Lot's of good info in this one: Bad News for C41ers. What's sad is that this intolerable situation has existed for so long. If someone finds a solution, it's good for that person for that time only. When they need to restock, it's back to the drawing board. Or so it seems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Couple of places that have the Trebla Treylux FilmPAC currently listed:

Pakor - Part Number: 444-2648 - Trebla Trelux FilmPac C-41RA Kit - Trebla Part Number 55FP475

NovaGraphics - Trelux FilmPAC Kit - 55FP475

I haven't contacted either to see if they are truly in stock.

To those of you, Mark Barendt or others, who have used the Trebla FilmPAC 55FP475, did you do one-shot processing? Anyone use a rotary processor (e.g., CPP-2)? Was there enough information included with the kit to help you figure out how to mix less than full volumes?

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been struggling with the same thing as SkipA...trying to find the right components / order numbers, etc.

I've been thinking about doing C-41 at home since I figured out how much gas I'm burning driving back and forth to the lab.

I spoke to someone at the Formulary on Friday, and I was told that they do have stock of the 1L kits, even though it doesn't show on the website, but that even they have been having problems sourcing all the components they need to make the kits.

I've mostly been looking at the Flexicolor SM kits...the part numbers and prices in the big c-41 thread all seem to be accurate still. It is not the most cost-effective, but I like the fact that the developer comes in 2L portions, instead of having to mix up all 10L, as in the Trebla FilmPac.

I'm also hoping I can get my local photo store to add it on to their next chemistry order, to try and cut down on shipping and haz-mat costs, hopefully. If anybody's interested in splitting an SM kit (does not involve opening any bottles) 50/50 with me in the Portland, OR USA area, PM me.

--Greg

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've been buying Flexicolor chemicals from Unique Photo. They stock just about everything Kodak makes and discount if you buy case quantities.

Here's what I use:
    Flexicolor LU Developer Replenisher Cat# 1534718 That's the 10 liter size, 4 per case. I think it's about $96 per case.
    Flexicolor SM tank bleach Cat# 8824690 It's 2.7 liters, 2 per case. A case is less than $60. No mixing and very good capacity.
    Flexicolor Fixer Replenisher Cat# 1597392 It makes 25 liters, single bottle and it goes for $9.95.
    Flexicolor Final rinse and Replenisher is the 5 liter size Cat# 8673170 $4.98 each

You will need a starter with that developer. It's Cat# 8485153. One bottle will last you a very long time and it is about $8 or $9

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I should mention that I mix a liter at a time of each of the chemicals except the bleach, which requires no mixing. I also replenish the developer and the fixer as I go along
    Kodak has a PDF document for mixing smaller than package amounts of chemicals. That makes it economical to use these chemicals.
    The SM chemicals are fine if you aren't developing too much film. The packages are small and kind of expensive, except for the bleach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ctsundevil, thanks for that list of CAT numbers. Since that is a complete list and a confirmed supplier, It would be great if you would add that info to the sticky thread at the top of this subforum.

I guess you probably run out of different chemicals at different times, and then just buy what you need as you go?

That PDF document you are referring to from Kodak is CIS-49, and it is indeed worth downloading. I printed out a copy and put it in my darkroom. It's linked to in many threads, but it won't hurt to link it again so people don't have to go hunting for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsundevil View Post
    I should mention that I mix a liter at a time of each of the chemicals except the bleach, which requires no mixing. I also replenish the developer and the fixer as I go along
    Kodak has a PDF document for mixing smaller than package amounts of chemicals. That makes it economical to use these chemicals.
    The SM chemicals are fine if you aren't developing too much film. The packages are small and kind of expensive, except for the bleach.
    How do you deal with oxidation / degradation of Part C of the developer, which, from what I've read, is quite fragile once opened. Do you purge with some inert gas?

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greg, I'd like to hear what ctsundevil does, but I would use my Beseler XDL Spray. It's a CFC, and no longer on the market. Once it's gone, other possibilities mentioned in another recent thread are butane (which is flamable) or "canned air", which is either difluoroethane (HFC-152a), trifluoroethane (HFC-143a), or tetrafluoroethane (HFC-134a). "Canned air" products may contain bitterants. I do not know if these might react with developers.

Some folks use nitrogen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    Couple of places that have the Trebla Treylux FilmPAC currently listed:

Pakor - Part Number: 444-2648 - Trebla Trelux FilmPac C-41RA Kit - Trebla Part Number 55FP475

NovaGraphics - Trelux FilmPAC Kit - 55FP475

I haven't contacted either to see if they are truly in stock.

To those of you, Mark Barendt or others, who have used the Trebla FilmPAC 55FP475, did you do one-shot processing? Anyone use a rotary processor (e.g., CPP-2)? Was there enough information included with the kit to help you figure out how to mix less than full volumes?
    I have used it in stainless tanks and with my CPA2. I don't do enough volume to keep the working developer fresh for long. The rest of the chemicals are very durable and get replenished as used.

With the developer I use a modified replenishment scheme. I make up enough to fill the tank plus replenish for any subsequent runs to be done in say the following 10-days. Past that i dispose of the working solution.

This gives me developer of normal strength and normal activity. If I save up a few rolls this becomes very efficient very quickly. If I'm in a hurry for I just one shot the developer. At about $23 for 10-liters it's cheap enough to one shot when needed.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin