Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,757   Online: 841

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    The problem is that they don't often tell you what can be substituted. For example can you use C41 bleach for E6 or RA4 , then it wouldn't be so bad that you need to buy it in larger quantities. Same goes for fixer, I realise that such products might need to be mixed differently for different processes. Then you only need to buy special products for special processes, and yeah if standard B&W film developer will work as a first developer for E6, maybe note that too.... If you need 6 bottles of product for 3 processes, then that makes sense, if your buying in larger quantities. It would also make sense to combine products,
    Actually there is a universal bleach Made by Trebla that actually claims usability on both E6 and C41.

RA 4?

Maybe the problem is us, maybe we are getting lazy.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I'm not lazy, but I do have limited space. Even so, I wouldn't want to use separate bleach and fix for RA-4. RA-4 is designed for a combined bleach and fix. From everything I've read by experimenters on this forum, it's not a good idea to bleach and fix separately for RA-4.

Hey Mark and ctsundevil, thank you both for the detailed info on the products you are using and the usage information.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin