Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,716   Online: 753

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gryffinwings View Post
    Well I'm going to continue using the Fuji Superia 400 X-tra until it runs out, still on my first roll.

What do you guys think of this film, any pictures you could post would be great.
    I rarely shoot color film, when I do it's usually Superia 200 or 400. I buy it in the conveniently cheap four pack, because it's cheap, but very acceptable results.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the results that I have gotten from Fuji Superia 400, I really want to try out some Kodak Portra 400.
    There are a few choices out there though!
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    35mm
    What's the difference between slide film and negative film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gryffinwings View Post
    What's the difference between slide film and negative film?
    Negative film gives you a negative. The tones are reversed (shadows are clear, whereas highlights are solid, and the colours are both heavily masked orange, and reversed - red in the original scene are cyan in the negative, greens in the original scene are magenta in the negative, etc.

You need to either scan and invert a negative or (ideally) print a negative to get a recognizable final product. Until recently, the films you saw in a movie theatre were almost inevitably edited to a negative, and then printed on projection stock.

Slide films give you a positive as a final product. Ideally you project or view a slide directly, although you can print them (Ilfochrome - costly, discontinued, but special) or scan them and print from the scan.

If you have never seen a well projected slide, you should seek one out.

Slide film is more demanding when it comes to exposure - similar to digital.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are a lot of threads on APUG about this, search them out, you will learn a lot!
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin