Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,144   Online: 943

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Hey Paul

Good idea. I'll give that a try.

Hey David
    This is color film and I shouldn't have to zone it. I don't think I should anyway.

Thanks
    Richard
    You use a technique similar to zoning, if your scene is very dark you might want to overexpose a stop or two on negative films, if the scene is very light, then underexpose a stop or two, reverse this for slide films, it's to compensate for averaging in light meters.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Hey Paul

Good idea. I'll give that a try.

Hey David
    This is color film and I shouldn't have to zone it. I don't think I should anyway.

Thanks
    Richard
    What I described is not just for Zone control, it is a way of partially using any 35mm film. You can use it if you want to shoot, lets say 7 frames on a 100 film then want to load a 400 film. The idea is that you mark where you have used the film and then only need to process that part of the film without wasting the rest of the frames. The result is that you will have various films with the remainder still usable (i.e if you shot 8 frames, you would then wind on one frame and attach cellotape. In the darkroom you would take the film up to the cellotape and process it and then mark the film as having - from a 36 exposure film - 26 frames remaining for future use).

Best,

David
    www,dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    you need to use an Exakta -- built-in film knife!!! and you can use a second film can as take-up...far less waste.

Back in the 70's I had a Exakta llb that had this cutter. Good camera but it has long been gone. The lenses were good too. You don't see very much of them now days.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Paul
    I understand what you are saying now. I thought you was talking development of the color film by the zone system. Back when I was making a living with a color lab, it was all automated. Now that I am doing it at home, I think I'll test it for retarding and pushing the film some.

Hey David
    I am going to try your procedure and see how that idea goes.

Thanks to both

Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin