Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,857   Online: 971

Shooter
    Multi Format

Something weird going on ???

I've never had any problems with processing color film before but this run makes me wonder what is going on.
    I was at the big box store lately and bought a box ( 4 roll box) of Fuji 200 color film just to try and see how good it is.
    After processing it, I saw the base was a green color cast on some of it. The green cast goes all the way but it varied on the whole roll. The first 6 frames was very green, no orange base. Then it kinda straightened out about midway through the roll. It came back pretty dominate close to the end of the roll.
    One frame had 1/2 green and the other part orange. Its like I took a pencil and drew a line half way through the frame.

I am going to shoot another roll tomorrow and use fresh chemicals to see if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

I don't think it was my processing since it varied green all through the roll.

What is making me think it is the film is because of the 1 frame of being 1/2 green and the rest of the frame orange with a slight green cast to the base. Frame 13-15 looked like a normal negative.

By the way, the expiration date is 2014 on the box.

Any one had this happen to them?

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you sure there is not fogging from a safelight or light? That can cause this problem, as can overdeveloping. Maybe you have a bad batch of chems? shoot two test rolls and get one developed at a lab, negs only and do another at home, to narrow it down to weather it is your chems, film or method.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had the green-to-orange base happen with very expired, poorly stored film, but never with new film. If the second roll turns out bad, and you still have the box, I would try to contact the store, and then if that fails, Fuji. Someone made a mistake, and my money's on the truck with the film on it getting "lost" during a hot couple of days.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jm94 View Post
    Are you sure there is not fogging from a safelight or light? That can cause this problem, as can overdeveloping. Maybe you have a bad batch of chems? shoot two test rolls and get one developed at a lab, negs only and do another at home, to narrow it down to weather it is your chems, film or method.

Hey
    It didn't cross my mind that something fogged the film.

How stupid can I get?????????? I had a tank heater with a orange glow coming on and off while loading the reel.

I'll say that again. HOW STUPID CAN I GET.

Sorry to have bothered anyone on this question.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad you sorted it, it is easily done! Hope all goes well from here on.
    Jacob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin