Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,608   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

Anyway I've taken some snippets, developed one in B&W film and it came out spotty ... and then just did one in E-6 which produced what appears to be a correct (but blank) exposed film piece, basically clear pale pinkish-orange color.
    Oh no, you likely just ruined what is likely the Lost Apollo 11 Moon Landing footage.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Do post any good results you get with this film if any, And that footage was filmed on SSTV tapes that was taped over with the next days tv programmes! So all they had was the optical recordings of the screen at mission control!

I don't believe all that they say about the moon landings, why did they not keep the only high quality footage they had?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok everyone! So needless to say the film was blank, I think it was at some point fully exposed, the film was dark all the way through and had sort of splotchy what I would call oil marks (like if you poured oil onto a wall then it dripped down unevenly) very strange. Oh well, it was a fun experiment an thanks for all the tips.

Sorry also for still being a blank face.

Soon I'll have a full profile AND an updated website which I'll boast humbly about

Thanks again everyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jm94 View Post
    why did they not keep the only high quality footage they had?
    Because magnetic tape was fantastically expensive in the 1960s. Tons of old TV shows are lost or missing seasons (Doctor Who comes to mind) because the networks couldn't afford not to re-use their tapes.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    Because magnetic tape was fantastically expensive in the 1960s. Tons of old TV shows are lost or missing seasons (Doctor Who comes to mind) because the networks couldn't afford not to re-use their tapes.
    Actually NASA said that the overwriting of the asserted lunar landing happened by mistake. For years they claimed they had "lost" the tape. Only recently they said they have conclusive evidence that they overwrote it by mistake.

Besides, they would be total idiots to spend untold billions of taxpayer money to (supposedly) go to the moon and then save on the cost of the magnetic tape on the only real proof they have. That amounts to climbing the Everest and then not taking pictures because film is expensive. The proportion of the film cost to the cost of climbing the Everest is probably bigger than the tape cost to the cost of the Apollo project.

It should also be noted, as a mere fact, that by some other "mistakes" NASA lost the telemetry data of all missions and the blueprints of the lunar vehicles.

That wouldn't be a big problem, they had some lunar vehicles identical to those that they say went on the moon but, guess what, they destroyed them, I don't know if "by mistake" or "to recover the metal", metal is, as everybody knows, expensive. The lunar vehicle (I don't remember its name) which is in the Alabama museum (or wherever) is a different prototype and is not like those who they say went on the moon.

And before you run to conclusions yes I am one of those who greatly, greatly doubt about the truth of what the NASA say about man on the moon.

If you want to exercise your ability to doubt just search the internet and you'll find plenty of information that might shake your received beliefs.

Fabrizio

PS I don't intend wasting my time debating the thing here in detail. Internet is FULL of information for those who have eyes to see. Those who just need to believe that Man went on the moon can also be content with the explanation that magnetic tape was recycled to save on its cost . Anything can be told to a true believer and he will buy it.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 10-20-2012 at 06:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Chinese or Russians or many others have satelites that can image the moons surface. Im sure if they could proove the landing site was empty they would be only to happy to expose the fraud. It would be nice if theyd point hubble at the site and take a photo of the flag and abandoned hasselblads

What about the ISS, do you believe in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Actually NASA said that the overwriting of the asserted lunar landing happened by mistake. For years they claimed they had "lost" the tape. Only recently they said they have conclusive evidence that they overwrote it by mistake.

Besides, they would be total idiots to spend untold billions of taxpayer money to (supposedly) go to the moon and then save on the cost of the magnetic tape on the only real proof they have. That amounts to climbing the Everest and then not taking pictures because film is expensive. The proportion of the film cost to the cost of climbing the Everest is probably bigger than the tape cost to the cost of the Apollo project.

It should also be noted, as a mere fact, that by some other "mistakes" NASA lost the telemetry data of all missions and the blueprints of the lunar vehicles.

That wouldn't be a big problem, they had some lunar vehicles identical to those that they say went on the moon but, guess what, they destroyed them, I don't know if "by mistake" or "to recover the metal", metal is, as everybody knows, expensive. The lunar vehicle (I don't remember its name) which is in the Alabama museum (or wherever) is a different prototype and is not like those who they say went on the moon.

And before you run to conclusions yes I am one of those who greatly, greatly doubt about the truth of what the NASA say about man on the moon.

If you want to exercise your ability to doubt just search the internet and you'll find plenty of information that might shake your received beliefs.

Fabrizio

PS I don't intend wasting my time debating the thing here in detail. Internet is FULL of information for those who have eyes to see. Those who just need to believe that Man went on the moon can also be content with the explanation that magnetic tape was recycled to save on its cost . Anything can be told to a true believer and he will buy it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    The Chinese or Russians or many others have satelites that can image the moons surface. Im sure if they could proove the landing site was empty they would be only to happy to expose the fraud. It would be nice if theyd point hubble at the site and take a photo of the flag and abandoned hasselblads

What about the ISS, do you believe in that?
    It's entirely a myth that the Soviets did not prove the Moon mission is a lie. They said it since day one. You probably read the Pravda but don't understand it much

During the entire "space race" the URSS had been, as you know, quite in advance in respect to the US as far as any "milestone" was concerned. Something like 18 - 24 months in advance. They had a "man on Moon" project, too. When they measured the amount of radiation in the Van Allen Belt(s) they found out that in order to protect the astronauts (or the cosmonauts as the USSR called them) a huge amount of shielding was needed, something like 1 metre thickness of lead. That made the goal impossible to be attained. So the USSR scrapped the project entirely as infeasible.

Either the Van Allen belt makes some favouritism, or the Apollo missions never brought any man on the moon (as they came back).

USSR propaganda always said it was all a big lie. Still nowadays in the former USSR states the majority of people do not believe that the US sent men to the moon. Americans believe it because US propaganda says it. US propaganda also says that the USSR "would be only happy to expose the fraud". The USSR exposed the fraud but you weren't listening

After scrapping their moon project the USSR begun working on something that could be done, the space station Mir (Peace) which lasted in the space for a very long time before being replaced by the ISS which is, in fact, heavily based on the Mir project.

The ISS, like all manned Space Shuttle missions, remains "near" the Earth, the Van Allen belts are further between earth and moon. The only manned space missions which supposedly have passed through the van Allen belt are the Apollo missions. Recently the NASA scrapped projects for a second series of manned missions to the moon citing "higher than expected radiations" in the Van Allen belts. The stuff is there since billions years. Go figure.

Besides, there are plenty of proofs about existence and working conditions of the ISS. The space agencies involved did not systematically destroy everything that could be claimed as proof, and could be exposed as a fabricated fake. This cannot be said for the Apollo missions.

Dig the internet and you'll discover plenty interesting stuff...

As a further point of reflection I would ask you why do you think that the USSR wouldn't have sent men to the moon. Even if the US had passed the USSR during the race, wouldn't have been rational for the USSR to continue racing and arrive not distant second? The US had arrived distant second at ALL the previous milestones. The USSR would have suffered little loss of pride by sending their mission to the moon maybe some months after the US. So why do you think they did not do it? Why did they just "give up" entirely the race with the US? Isn't that strange?

Consider that the Soviets arrived first to the moon with an un-manned mission, were the first to bring back to Earth some moon stones, and were generally "well positioned" so to speak
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 10-22-2012 at 08:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mystery 70mm film from NASA - help

Not to belabor the point. But while you are Googling your evidence of Moon fraud, evidently the rest of the world did not read Pravda either, you might want to Google for pictures from the Japanese lunar orbiter that does show the US landing sites, the rover, and the tracks they made on the moon. No pictures of the Blads, though.

Unless, of course, Japan has joined literally the rest of the world in the cover-up.

http://www.squidoo.com/apollo-moon-l...tos-from-space

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    When they measured the amount of radiation in the Van Allen Belt(s) they found out that in order to protect the astronauts (or the cosmonauts as the USSR called them) a huge amount of shielding was needed, something like 1 metre thickness of lead. That made the goal impossible to be attained. So the USSR scrapped the project entirely as infeasible.

LOL.... and I always thought it was because the Russian N-1 moon rockets kept exploding. http://www.starbase1.co.uk/n1/n1-history.html

Shooter
    35mm
    That certainly does not solve my doubts. I see an image with an arrow saying "flag" but I see no flag, you see.

Many unmanned missions went to the moon, both US missions and USSR missions, to collect data, stones etc. All those missions left many traces of landing, crawling and possibly some objects. If you dig the moon to collect some carrots of lunar soil I suppose you leave something on the ground. Did not see any footpath either in the pictures you link. You have to believe the captions rather than your eyes.

If you are so interested in seeing photographs of the moon, then, again, search the internet to find the very curious photographs that the astronauts brought back from the moon, some of them clearly and demonstrably fake (as underlined by a Danish photography magazine at that time, and as re-published by Italian photography magazine Fotografare more recently). As a photographer you should build some doubts.

One might always think that they actually went to the moon, but got no decent pictures, and needed some good pictures for propaganda purposes, who knows? But the thought spontaneously comes to mind that if the pictures are fake, then it's much more likely it's all a fake.

PS It's not an easy life for a film on the moon, with temperature excursions of some 100 °C or more within a few metres (sun, shade) extreme cold and extreme high temperature. The Apollo mission appears to have managed not only to take pictures with their modified Hasselblad, but also to have set an intragalactic Live TV transmission which is no less surprising than the moon landing itself. Pity they lost the tape!

I'm not sure they did NOT go. I'm just sure I'm not convinced AT ALL by the too many evidences pointing toward the scam and the great, great stink.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 10-23-2012 at 08:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin