Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,805   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

A few precisions

Hi,

Many thanks to all of you who answered this thread.

I should add that I intended to process it at home with rotary processor and E6 kit (if it's actually E6 !), so I am able to do anything possible (clip test, etc...), or even B&W developping. I even planned to use almost exhausted chemicals, in the eventuality of bath contamination. The consensus here says it would be a wise choice, if ever it is E4 film or earlier.

I am totally agree for the nice vintage cassette, I have scruple to even open it !

Thanks for the link about the process 22 UK lab, I ignored that a pro lab still do these forgotten process. But as Darko said, this film probably don't worth the bucks.

BTW, when digging the net around, I found a cool blog of a buddy fond of ancient and alternative process .

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks to all of you who answered this thread.

I should add that I intended to process it at home with rotary processor and E6 kit (if it's actually E6 !), so I am able to do anything possible (clip test, etc...), or even B&W developping. I even planned to use almost exhausted chemicals, in the eventuality of bath contamination. The consensus here says it would be a wise choice, if ever it is E4 film or earlier.

I am totally agree for the nice vintage cassette, I have scruple to even open it !

Thanks for the link about the process 22 UK lab, I ignored that a pro lab still do these forgotten process. But as Darko said, this film probably don't worth the bucks.

BTW, when digging the net around, I found a cool blog of a buddy fond of ancient and alternative process .

Best regards,

Raphael
    If you do try E6, then watch the temperature, some of those ancient process films, can't take the heat, instead of 38C, you might find 25C more to the films liking, of course that means that you need to shift the times, but base fog probably means you need to do that anyway. Personally I would just process as a B&W negative and be happy I got something out of it.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    E4 will wash off at E6 temps. I keep telling people.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

many thanks

Hi,

Mr PE, many thanks for these informations. So, a good prooftest for detecting pre-E6 film would be a pre-wash at 38°C...

So, if I cut a piece of the the film leader, I can check then if it's E6 compatible.

If not, I'll go the B&W way. Anybody has a guideline about developper and time ? Preferably with Rodinal, or DDX (I have them on shelf).

Thanks again to all,

Best regards,

Raphael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin