Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,363   Online: 749

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

RA4 papers Kodak Endura Premier and Fuji Crystal Archive

I print RA4 at home, using Fuji Crystal Archive (sheet sizes) and Kodak Ektachrome chemistry. Processing in trays at room temp. I have been more or less happy with the results.

Browsing through various sites I noticed, that Kodak Endura Premier has become available in some sheet sizes in Germany (http://www.nordfoto.de/). Some people say that Kodak papers have more brilliant colors than Fuji CA. In fact I have missed Supra Endura, just for that reason. So I am tempted to try Kodak Endura Premier, but I would appreciate other users comments, so:

Has anyone used both these papers? Opinions? How thick is Endura Premier compared with Fuji Crystal Archive?

Shooter
    35mm
    If Kodak paper is available in sheets That would get me back from Fuji. I have tried both in the past but I never have been really happy with Fuji. The Fuji base is getting a bit thin as well is this something to do with machine printing, As far as I am aware Kodak is available in the UK but only in rolls designed for machines

Shooter
    35mm
    The Endura from Nordfoto comes in white boxes - wonder if Ilford is cutting the rolls down.
    Steve.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordfoto
    unser Service: da KODAK keine Blattware mehr anbietet konfektionieren wir für unsere Kunden Papier frisch von der Rolle.
    Nordfoto started to cut sheets from rolls a while ago. AFAIK there are several companies in Germany which are able to cut down rolls, no need to send it to Harman.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be interesting to see what your process is and to see some examples of the reversal processed paper.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Nordfoto started to cut sheets from rolls a while ago. AFAIK there are several companies in Germany which are able to cut down rolls, no need to send it to Harman.
    Maybe someone should tell this company and the others in Germany you mention to contact some U.K. mail order retailers such as Silverprint, AgPhotographic and Process Supplies. There would be a demand for Kodak cut sheets here in the U.K.

It doesn't surprise me that at least one entrepreneur has decided to cut Kodak rolls. It is a business opportunity waiting to be exploited.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Maybe someone should tell this company and the others in Germany you mention to contact some U.K. mail order retailers such as Silverprint, AgPhotographic and Process Supplies. There would be a demand for Kodak cut sheets here in the U.K.

It doesn't surprise me that at least one entrepreneur has decided to cut Kodak rolls. It is a business opportunity waiting to be exploited.

pentaxuser
    I buy my Kodak RA4 Cut Sheets in white boxes with yellow label. 50 Sheets a box from www.macodirect.de

And the price is extreme low, as i see it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently bought a box of Endura Premier from the rental darkroom I use and I have been very happy with the results. I just bought it and have only used a few sheets, so I don't have much to say about it, other than that I like it a lot and that it's got stronger contrast and more saturation than Fuji Type II.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ultrafine cuts and repackages Kodak paper, but I don't know if they are using fresh stock and cutting and packing in total darkness.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just received over 1000' of endura premiere 11" wide f surface, expiration 1/14. I have a roll paper cutter and can cut to any size. PM for details if interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin