Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,498   Online: 990

Shooter
    4x5 Format

BLIX Off - Agfa AP-70 Bleach & Kodak Flexicolor Fixer

So I've been having interesting times with my Tetenal Colourtec Kit. I tend to use each batch four times, and as per the instructions increase the time per run. Its the last runs that aren't so good and uneven deving is occurring. It seems that there is alot of critism on using BLIX, so I though i just switch to Bleach and a Fix.

After dropping off a load of my Processors to Process Supplies in London, Rob took me down to the basement and showed me a whole heap of Chems that they can't sell and I came away with-
    (see the pics here http://www.facebook.com/Mod54)

Agfa AP70 Bleach
    Kodak Flexicolour Fixer

So what i'm wondering is how long to use each one for & how long each batch would be expected to last (number of rolls or sheets). Thats mixing 1l and using a small tank for deving.

I would geuss around 5mins for the Bleach and 4.2mins for the fixer. The bleach is a real guess.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Morgan.

Shooter
    35mm
    What a nice place to snoop around…

The AP-70 BL canister makes up 5 liter of bleach solution, tank solution (no regenerator).
    Bleach time is 6:30 at normal processing temp (38°C) and routines, but can be shortened up to 2:45 in a rapid process at 40/41 °C environment.
    I would stay at 6:30, just to be safe…
    The capacity shall be 60 films 135/24 exposures for each canister. ( = 12x135/24 or about 8x135/36 or 120 Films / per liter *for normal processing times, 6:30 min !!)

In AP-70 than follows “FX-Universal” for 6:30 minutes, the Kodak Flexicolor fix will be more than a good substitute.

Regards, Stefan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Many Thanks Stefan. Shot a few rolls of film today so will hopefully process it all tomorrow.

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Worked a treat, Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin