Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,699   Online: 925

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Using Paterson colour paper drum?

Hi,

I have an old Paterson colour print developing drum for 8x10". I have no other instructions than solution volumes printed on the side of the drum (90ml).

The lid has kind of a cup where poured solution stands until the drum is placed on it's side, when the solution spills in the drum.

The problem: There's small gaps on the lid's threads and developing solutions keep leaking thru them. But what is the purpose of those (see attachment image, it's upper right part). I can't figure the reason for them as the lid has already usual draining hole.

Thanks,
    Jukka
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9020281_web.jpg   drum.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There probably should be a gray plastic gasket between the tank and the lid, just like their System 4 film tanks.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    There probably should be a gray plastic gasket between the tank and the lid, just like their System 4 film tanks.
    I believe it does. I have one of these - I will check.

I may still have the instructions and the temperature calculator somewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I got better pictures now. My drum has plastic gasket - perhaps it's not tight enough?

But will the gasket sit tightly in any case as the top of the lid isn't even. There's a small cut out where the cutted thread's meet the lid's top.

As I don't know the purpose of these cuttings, I assume that it's perfectly ok to just fill them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9080322_paterson_web.jpg   P9080321_paterson_web.jpg   P9080323_paterson_web.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put the gasket in the lid, I think you will see that it seals towards the inside of the lid, not where that small grove sits. Also that lid may work on a tank which has breaks in the threads, so it will drop down and lock in place within a 1/4 turn.
    Bob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin