Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1179

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Rick, The OP is about the price of a brand new Toyota in debt right now due to investing in traditional technology photography over the last 3 years. In the future, if you need a roll of film, PM me. I'll send you one on the house.

PS Roger, my suspicion is that Kodak may have coated & cut the last master roll of their color 4x5 sheet film, aren't telling anyone just yet, and are maximizing their cash flow by selling out the remainder of their stock at about 100% more than cost of same box few years ago.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 09-03-2012 at 02:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Andre, is that offer open to anyone else?
    I love reala, it's my favorite film for portraiture. I just wish it was still available in 35mm.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Dear Rick, The OP is about the price of a brand new Toyota in debt right now due to investing in traditional technology photography over the last 3 years. In the future, if you need a roll of film, PM me. I'll send you one on the house.

PS Roger, my suspicion is that Kodak may have coated & cut the last master roll of their color 4x5 sheet film, aren't telling anyone just yet, and are maximizing their cash flow by selling out the remainder of their stock at about 100% more than cost of same box few years ago.
    I'm obviously kidding, anyone with a credit card and wishing to spend massive quantities of his next three years of paychecks needs to be jibed. FWIW, I have a 14 cuft deep freezer filled with film and paper.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! 14 Cubic feet is huge amount. I'm at almost 5 cubic feet of pure film. I'll have to look into paper stockpiling feasibilty. I've heard various things: Good for 30 years. vs Good for only few.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After spending around $12,000 this year on film, paper and chemistry, I took inventory of film in my freezer of 22 CU feet. 800 rolls of 35mm, 2,800 rolls of 120 and 3,400 sheets of 4x5, about 26K in film alone.

I think I am set...no debt either, thank god....no more room in the freezer though, lol!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hold off on that stockpile!

With Kodak's coat on a shoogly peg, it's understandable that people would want to make sure they have plenty of supplies of their favourite film. But if we all start putting in big orders for Kodak material now it's not going to be of any help to Kodak. Wouldn't it be better to wait until the new owner, whoever that is, takes over and then give their tenure a boost with all these orders. If we spend all our cash now, that's money that wont be going on the balance sheet of the successor firm. Even if no one comes forward to save Kodak's film division there is still plenty of stock out there so nothing would be lost by waiting for a little while.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak, give us more bulk roll options!!! (Especially for Portra)
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Robbins View Post
    With Kodak's coat on a shoogly peg, it's understandable that people would want to make sure they have plenty of supplies of their favourite film. But if we all start putting in big orders for Kodak material now it's not going to be of any help to Kodak. Wouldn't it be better to wait until the new owner, whoever that is, takes over and then give their tenure a boost with all these orders. If we spend all our cash now, that's money that wont be going on the balance sheet of the successor firm. Even if no one comes forward to save Kodak's film division there is still plenty of stock out there so nothing would be lost by waiting for a little while.
    I rotate stock on a quarterly basis as I use it, so no, I did not want to risk my career by waiting, so I covered my rear.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bruce, E6 is just about gone forever. A new manufacturer, if any would only have an inferior E6 film at a jacked up price - a la the Impossible project. Ditto on the jacked up price for any C-41 from Kodak buyers.

Right now, it's time for "Sauve qui peut!" (everyman for himself).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Right now, it's time for "Sauve qui peut!" (everyman for himself).
    Sorry, but not even close.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin