Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,630   Online: 856

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Bruce, E6 is just about gone forever. A new manufacturer, if any would only have an inferior E6 film at a jacked up price - a la the Impossible project. Ditto on the jacked up price for any C-41 from Kodak buyers.

Right now, it's time for "Sauve qui peut!" (everyman for himself).
    Incorrect. Fujifilm still makes E6 transparency film in several flavors, Provia and Velvia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Incorrect. Fujifilm still makes E6 transparency film in several flavors, Provia and Velvia.
    I think that's why he said "just about" - only a few films from Fuji now and the one Rollie/Agfa.

I took it to mean Kodak which of course IS gone, and likely forever, though some stock remains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I took it to mean Kodak which of course IS gone, and likely forever, though some stock remains.
    Except, of course, the Kodak Ektachrome 100D movie film, which is still available and produced in 35mm, 16mm and super-8.
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...Films/5285.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    Except, of course, the Kodak Ektachrome 100D movie film, which is still available and produced in 35mm, 16mm and super-8.
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...Films/5285.htm
    Humm, interesting. Isn't 35mm movie film identical to 35mm still film, as far as the the mechanics go? So you could get this stuff and just bulk load it into 35mm cassettes? Wonder if it's something like E100G/Elitechrome?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I hope your power is reliable!
    I live in a big city that's about the same size and has the same population as San Francisco, my house is quite near a University and several large hospitals, in the twenty three years I've lived in the area we have never had a power cut, so I'm willing to risk it, anyway film isn't like food it doesn't go off immediately if it's defrosted.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-14-2012 at 07:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Thanks for approximately quoting me.

35mm comes in plastic cans and this offers little protection.

PE
    Hope I spelled your name properly... good to see you're still 'round.

What you say about individual 35mm cannisters (and lack of protection they offer) seems correct: Last night I was double Zip lock bagging 35mm, 120 and 4x5 boxes - all new purchases. In the process, I drew out the air (suction) beforehand. While suctioning new, boxed,cannistered and wrapped 10 packs of kodak E100G 35mm, I could smell/taste the fumes from the fresh rolls - meaning that the cannisters do NOT seal the films airtight as one would assume. This did not occur with the 120 rolls or

btw: I use double bagged ziplock bags and Nylofume (antifumigation bags) as a gas and moisture barrier. You live and learn.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 09-14-2012 at 02:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    single handedly keeping Kodak in business lol
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    ...keeping Kodak in business lol
    Yeah, I was born near Rochester, NY - home of Kodak. I have a nostalgia for the company I guess.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There might be a startlingly large minimum order for the Eastman Ektachrome E100D movie film. Like one master roll worth. Shooting a movie uses amazingly large amounts of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can buy it in 400 foot rolls in 35mm, 100 foot rolls or spools for 16mm, and Super 8. You don't have to order a master roll to get it. Yet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin