Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,879   Online: 977

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak plant also supplies steam and heat to the entire Park along with hot water which is piped underground. The coal burners have really serious scrubbers to produce little pollution, and one site has burners for chemical disposal.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format

Stick with Fuji While U Can?

Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    ... That works out to $6.60 per roll...
    I know the Kodak E6 films are good, but one might be better off stockpiling Fuji Velvia 50 and Provia 100F.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It depends on what you want, doesn't it? Those films are all different, although the Velvia 50 and the E100VS are in the same ball park. If you like E100VS and want to keep shooting it, the 100D is the closest you will get. There's no doubt it's more trouble to deal with the 100D though in 400 foot rolls, and for me personally, I agree with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like something like E100G/Elitechrome. If it's like E100VS I don't see the point when I can still get Velvia. I do get along somewhat better with E100VS than Velvia, but that seems to be a personal thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    I know the Kodak E6 films are good, but one might be better off stockpiling Fuji Velvia 50 and Provia 100F.

I'll second that. Pile up on Velvia 50, as I have and continue to do. But not Provia 100F — good for night/star trails but a bit weak for palette-intensive scenic work.
    My growing stockpile also includes the much-maligned, but often useful Velvia 100F which I use to elevate yellows, browns and greys.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin