Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,233   Online: 1108

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    ...I like the idea of trying slide film, but I am so very new to that I think it might be too soon. I dont want to come away with just mistakes. I think I'll try it, but need a back up print film too.
    DEFINITELY shoot some slide film !!! It will be your slide shots that really impress and have max impact, and will bring a smile to your heart. I am not kidding, when they turn out good, they turn out WOW. Just bracket your shots and you will be sure to have at least one that is that good...and then you will realize, why so many (like myself) are so hooked on slide, even with all its challenges.

That said, be sure to bring along your digital PS, and/or capture a few frames on neg film, to be safe.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, bear in mind that you dont want to use Portra for any of the sunset shots, as it is a portrait film with reduced red sensitivity at certain wavelengths, and can turn a vibrant red sunset to a washed out pale yellow or yellow orange one. Ektar however, is fantastic for sunsets - it is the only negative film I have ever seen that can do a sunset as well as slide can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was stationed in Hong Kong in the Royal Marines many years ago, I know the area well, I would use Fuji Reala and Fuji Provia 400X.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I was stationed in Hong Kong in the Royal Marines many years ago, I know the area well, I would use Fuji Reala and Fuji Provia 400X.
    Fujifilm Reala is definitely the print film that I will use during this trip to Hong Kong. I will experiment with 400H when more speed is needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Fujifilm Reala is definitely the print film that I will use during this trip to Hong Kong. I will experiment with 400H when more speed is needed.
    Fuji Pro 400H is print film for portraits, Fuji Provia 400X is a superb fast slide film.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Fuji Pro 400H is print film for portraits, Fuji Provia 400X is a superb fast slide film.
    Right, but 400H is my print film option. Slide is a whole separate issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin