Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Way to send me into a panic, guys! I shoot 35mm not sheet film, but I figured if Velvia was going away in sheets, how long would it be before it went away in rolls?
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be great if B&H changed their policy of when and why they mark a particular product as discontinued. It's not like it used to be, when a product would be discontinued, but would be replaced by a different one that nobody liked as much as the original one. Now, when a product is gone, it becomes a referendum for the state of the industry.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, tim. "Discontinued" conveys a much different message than "out of stock". Perhaps Henry Posner (henryp) will see this thread and take the message back to B&H. henryp at bhphoto.com I think.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there are a few issues at work here, discontinued doesn't mean it's gone.

1) A product can be discontinued for sale by a specific retailer, this can be, because they don't want to keep a SKU and inventory of a perishable product that does not sell well. It could be because, they are not guaranteed stock by the distributor. maybe because the distributor has it back ordered, until the next ship comes in from Japan.
    2) A product can be discontinued by the distributor, maybe because it does not sell well in that country, even if that country is where it is manufactured.
    3) A product can be discontinued by the manufacturer, that usually means it's gone. Manufacturers don't often discontinue products publicly, when they are manufactured in bulk like film, they stop making it, and if it sells, they make more, if it doesn't they let it disappear. Then discontinue it.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Official reply from Fuji:

Dear Peter,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you.

Unfortunately, Velvia 100F has been discontinued in all formats, while Velvia 50 has been discontinued in 4x5 and 8x10 formats.

Velvia 100 film is currently still in production, and is available in both 4x5 and 8x10 formats.

We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. It would be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you for your interest in FUJIFILM products and services.

Respectfully,

Damion
    Authorized Customer Care Representative
    Customer Care, Imaging Division
    FUJIFILM North America Corporation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe this is the same response I read weeks ago in the british journal of photography and elsewhere. That's why all the rvp 50 was bought up rather quickly. I've got enough in my freezer for at least 15 years.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin