Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,221   Online: 868

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I managed to snatch few cans of Bulk 60mm Ektachromes EDUPES, very nice film. Never neglect Ebay, just dont drive the price up for the rest

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak still sells its E-6 Ektachrome movie film. It's available in 35mm and 16mm, and AFAIK, Super 8.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a great reminder, Ixdude. 100D is an E-6 color reversal cine film with no REMJET backing. It's a modern T-grain film. It is contrasty and super-saturated, which may not be to everyone's liking. According to a Kodak FAQ I found, it was based on the E100 line of still films. It has Bell & Howell perfs, but I doubt this would be a problem for any 35mm still camera.

Kodak's product page on the 100D film shows it is available in 400 foot rolls in 35mm, 100 foot rolls and spools in 16mm, and Super 8 cartridges. Once the last of the E100 and Elite Chrome film is gone off of store shelves, this would be a good replacement provided the contrast and saturated color are to the photographer's liking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    That's a great reminder, Ixdude. 100D is an E-6 color reversal cine film with no REMJET backing. It's a modern T-grain film. It is contrasty and super-saturated, which may not be to everyone's liking. According to a Kodak FAQ I found, it was based on the E100 line of still films. It has Bell & Howell perfs, but I doubt this would be a problem for any 35mm still camera.

Kodak's product page on the 100D film shows it is available in 400 foot rolls in 35mm, 100 foot rolls and spools in 16mm, and Super 8 cartridges. Once the last of the E100 and Elite Chrome film is gone off of store shelves, this would be a good replacement provided the contrast and saturated color are to the photographer's liking.
    I suppose when it's the last way to get Kodak reversal film it's worth almost any price, but this stuff is very expensive. Not the usual price break for buying in bulk, or for buying movie film vs still film! Currently $475 for 400 ft. That's what has kept me from scooping up a few rolls for the fridge.

Also note that Kodak says it will turn your chemicals pink, and gives tips for how to wash the pink back off of your equipment. Might be worth a heads-up to your local lab if you send it there instead of processing it yourself. They might not appreciate this!

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFiles/TI2496.pdf

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Sometimes it comes along ebay, recently I got a few rolls for a very good price.

This sentence “...these dyes are designed to rinse out ofthe film during processing, they will change the color of the
    first developer etc...“ ist the same as written in the E100VS techpub/pdf. If you do a home development without replenishment but discharging the solutions after usage there is hardly a difference.

My process is quite a long one with prolonged washing times due optical reversal /stop-clear and rinse step after CD and a 10 minute final wash after fix. Doing this I can’t see any coloration in my stabilizer at all…

Regards, Stefan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin