Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,485   Online: 905

Shooter
    Large Format

color print film

I'm interested in color transparency(AgX) printed from color negative. Although B&W print film is available,I can't find a color print film. There is as “ENDURA Clear Display Material" made in Kodak ,but the lot size is too big and large to use it privately. Does anyone know available color print film(AgX)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, the only way to have both a positive and a negative in colour is to use motion picture film.

Films using processes ECN-2 (negative film) and ECP-2 (positive film) are designed for professional (Hollywood) use in motion picture camera, but there are some resellers that will sell you short loads of negative film, and offer you to have positive prints that you can then project as slides. Quality control can be variable with these resellers, though.

I don't know if you can print off a C-41 negative onto an ECP-2 film.

Back in the days, Kodak offered a service for making slides out of Kodacolor II (C-41) negatives. But I don't think they sold the materials to retail stores.

It would be fair to say that they do not offer this service anymore...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know if I understand your problem.

You might use a slide duplicator and duplicate (take a picture) the slide with a colour negative film, that you can process and print normally.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/esmoxd/5810847551/
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you, but I'd like a large format print size as 11"x14", not as motion picture film or 35mm side film.
    I'm interested in large format transparency. I know that it is for display for advertising mainly and unpopular for photographer historically.
    Dufaycolor process using clear support developed Autochrome was completely forgotten since Chromogenic print using paper was invented.
    But what device does everyone see many photos by using now? I think it is LCD with PC and smart phone. Image in LCD is transparency!
    Everyone never dislike a transparency. I believe that unpopularity for photographer is for not available large flat light at a low price and user-friendly.
    A flat light technology is making rapid advances. LED flat light have become popular in the past several years.
    We may get a flexible light like paper of organic EL years later.
    I'm disappointed that there is not large format clear photographic film even as there is a bunch of large flat light. 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin