Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,721   Online: 826

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    I had a similar, but not identical, problem that turned out to be bad, although newly purchased, paper. In addition to the staining like you mention, the paper base had a yellow cast.
    Well it was a new box I had just opened so I'll test with some kodak paper I have if the problem happens again with the Fuji.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji CA II paper and later versions are reported to require a different developer or a different development time. You might want to check on it.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    I had a similar, but not identical, problem that turned out to be bad, although newly purchased, paper. In addition to the staining like you mention, the paper base had a yellow cast.
    Well it was a new box I had just opened so I'll test with some kodak paper I have if the problem happens again with the Fuji.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Fuji CA II paper and later versions are reported to require a different developer or a different development time. You might want to check on it.

PE
    Ah this may be my problem. The box was different to my last order of Fuji paper so I must check which version it is.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Peter,

what you describe is an effect which only appears near the edge of your paper sheets. It would be most helpful if you could determine whether this effect comes from the paper or from your dev kit.

A trivial way to test for this would be cutting a sheet in half before developing it and observing the edges where you cut the sheet. If the "new" edges also show this problem, you need to look at your dev. If the "new" edges are ok, obviously the paper was the source of the problem.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have had this happen with contaminated tongs, blix-contaminated tongs then contacting a sheet during development. But thats the only time I have seen this problem personally, safelight fog can also cause it, colour is best done in total darkness although a #13 safelight filter can be used for brief periods, I have used a 15 watt bulb with no problems... also you can a colour 'safetorch' but they shouldn't be left on or placed too close to the paper, they can fog it too. A safelight filter that has become 'unsafe' can be a source of the problem. Also if you are printing at room temperature you are best to use the kodak kit with no starter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I checked the box and it reads "Fujicolor Crystal Archiv". Also written in German is "suitable for digital and optical exposure". There is no mention of which version the paper is but I'm guessing its not the version I have used with success in the past.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What kind of BLIX to you use ? Your BLIX is bad i think. When blix become bad paper edges have some colour cast usually yellow - gray. Try to use fresh BLIX or double blixing time if You don't have fresh BLIX. If You work in total darkness paper edges must be brilliant white.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I checked the box and it reads "Fujicolor Crystal Archiv". Also written in German is "suitable for digital and optical exposure". There is no mention of which version the paper is but I'm guessing its not the version I have used with success in the past.
    I did some more printing with the same chemistry and an older box of Fuji Crystal Archive paper which worked fine. So it looks like my latest purchase is a different paper.

I'm wondering why the box states it is suitable for digital and optical exposure? Is the optical exposure something other than RA4 printing?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I did some more printing with the same chemistry and an older box of Fuji Crystal Archive paper which worked fine. So it looks like my latest purchase is a different paper.

I'm wondering why the box states it is suitable for digital and optical exposure? Is the optical exposure something other than RA4 printing?
    Digital printers use colour lasers to produce an image on paper, optical exposure is through an enlarger. The one difference is that you may need a slightly different filter pack for the digital/optical paper, as the lasers have a slightly different colour balance.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin