Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,293   Posts: 1,535,467   Online: 999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I looked at them dry. Dealing with fussy kids ATM...

The bleaching and fixing were done for 6:15 each, I'm pretty sure (just like the rest). So two rolls at once doesn't have an impact on such things?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the bleach and fix are no exhausted, then the negatives should be OK, but if exhausted then the negatives could be brownish overlaid with the normal orange.

This is when dry.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But if they were exhausted, wouldn't the last roll I processed (Superia 400 120) also have the brown color to the mask?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't run any new Portra yet so I'm unfamiliar what the mask is supposed to look like but I'll tell you this,
    I had been running a bunch of fuji for awhile and then ran some of the NC and when wet... I thought something was wrong because I wasn't ready for the difference in the mask appearance.

Have you tied printing the Portra? Maybe you just aren't used to what the mask looks like?

Another thing, are you replenishing? It's unclear your exact procedure but it looks like you may be stretching things (at least the dev) if you are running an un replenished system.

I run my system in a sorta "ghetto replenishment" where I pull my tank solutions from 1 litre bottles of working solution that I replenish after each 2 roll tank throughput. I don't have a densitometer and I'm sure I am getting some imperfections but they print and s*an fine without bad color crossover.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure what is going on here, but the brown color indicates under fixing or bleaching.

Are they brown but clear?

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin