Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,870   Online: 955

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is from the 1960s and works fine. HQ isn't a problem to obtain since it has medical uses and others as well. But PE is right; prices will go up.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    Yes PE, they are all dry chemicals except the EDTA can no longer be obtained dry as far as I know. The ones I listed are, I believe, used mainly/only for photography and I am guessing will be extremely expensive in year or two. As for Gerald's comment re: color developing agents' keeping properties, I have to disagree where dry chemicals are concerned: As I indicated I have some 25-yr-old CD4 and I would definitely use it if I had nothing fresher - the only thing holding me back is I would need to develop a couple of test rolls to establish how much I may have to compensate for its age. I used it a year ago with no compensation and got pretty good negatives - maybe slightly underdeveloped, but I never did any testing to quantify. I'd probably add 10%. Twenty five years is probably all I have left!
    EDTA from Artcraft Chemicals.. $16.00/lb.
    http://www.artcraftchemicals.com/pro...ium-part-1130/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok thats what I was hoping to here... where would one find the formula for C41 to mix from scratch?. I am actually only interested in this application.
    yes, I was referring to the dry, raw individual chemicals to make up C41, RA4 or ECN-2 chemistry.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Finally - anyone know where I can get CD3 and CD4 in larger quantities than 100g or 1/2 LB? I'd like to end up with about 2KG of each of CD3 and CD4.
    Kodak Motion Picture Products Catalog:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...st_15_2012.pdf

Page 38 has most of what you need for ECN-2 processing in dry powder or concentrate form.

CD3 in a 25 kilo drum may be a tad more than even you had in mind though :-) Only $757.97!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I saw that price for CD3. 2 kilos at $20 per 100g would be $400 so it would be tempting to buy the drum from Kodak if I could find others to co-invest. But I'm sure we would break all kinds of enviro laws in divvying it up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Ok thats what I was hoping to here... where would one find the formula for C41 to mix from scratch?. I am actually only interested in this application.
    I use the formula at post #9 of the thread below with very good results:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...-near-c41.html

That's for the developer. I use an acetic acid stop bath (white vinegar diluted 1:1 works well), several rinses between the stop and the bleach, a ferri bleach (I'm sure you can find a formula here - I use Kodak's published formula for ferricyanide bleach for ECN-2) and conventional fixer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just remember that the pH cannot be too acidic and you need a stabilizer.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh yes - I forgot the stabilizer - formaldehyde and photoflo, I think. PE, which pH were you referring to? The fixer?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks- very interesting and helpful.
    I use the formula at post #9 of the thread below with very good results:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...-near-c41.html

That's for the developer. I use an acetic acid stop bath (white vinegar diluted 1:1 works well), several rinses between the stop and the bleach, a ferri bleach (I'm sure you can find a formula here - I use Kodak's published formula for ferricyanide bleach for ECN-2) and conventional fixer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The pH of the tail end process, bleach (or blix), fix and stab should be about 6.0 - 6.7 for best results. The aim would be 6.5.

I know that the Bleach III from Kodak is more acidic now. That is not a problem as the fix is still higher.

PE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin