Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello I have been developeing B+W films with great succsess. I bought a Tetenal Colortec C-41 Kit. I tried using it but onceI I had finished the last step and have come to scan the negs I have noticed they look very blue or had a slight yellow colour. is there any way i can try and fix it or is there something i need to do nextime I try another film Thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Morris,

First, check that your scanner is calibrated properly. A poorly adjusted scanner and screen can skew results considerably. Find an image with a white object and adjust scanner controls accordingly, and use a testcard to check your screen. Secondly, if the images with the very blue and slightly yellow casts are on the same film, it's probably not the chemicals; the cast would be consistent over the whole film unless you did something really weird. If that doesn't help, check your workflow and make corrections.

If you can post a scan, somebody might be able to diagnose the problem more accurately. Unlike B+W, colour developing needs accurate temperature and time control - it takes a little practice to get things right. And any cross-contamination of the dev with bleach-fix will cause problems (but not vice-versa).

Have fun,
    kevs
    Last edited by kevs; 09-27-2012 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    testing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin