Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,388   Online: 808

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Colour Chemicals

I was wondering if anyone could list all the names of all the chemicals i need to devolope Coulour Films and a chart to show devolopeing times for a film called Boots ISO 200 COLOUR FILM 24 EXP

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    You can buy ready made/mixed chemicals from a variety of sources in UK. Just have a look on the web. I suggest AG Photographic, Fotospeed, or Firstcall Photographic. These people will supply a kit which contains developer and the bleach fix for a number of films.

The standard development time for C41 colour negative film at 38 degrees C is 3mins 15 seconds. As far as I know all colour film developers are the same time for the same film. Temperature is fairly critical and any deviation from the 38c will not give you optimum quality. If the Film you are talking about is not C41 type, but C22 then you will have to look further

Shooter
    35mm
    the film says Proces CN-16/C-41
    Last edited by morrisphotos123; 09-20-2012 at 07:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    You are OK then with the film. Ask the dealer about a kit by Tetenal. However, if you are only intent on processing this one film then a kit is a very expensive way of doing it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unlike Black and white, C-41 film is processed at the same time and temperature, regardless of manufacturer or ISO. A 1 liter kit will develop anywhere from 8 rolls (what the box says) to double that or even more (what others have tried). I usually play it safe and only develop 10. Once you mix the chemicals, you will need to use them up. It's a use-or-lose. So I'd encourage you to not start developing until you have more than the one roll... try to at least have the 8. Have fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    i just bouught this kit http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/tet...t-1l-681-p.asp but am not sure what order i would the chemicals in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the following site after less than a minute of searching
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ordfabriken/2971532482/
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    it does not state what order to use the chemicals in as the kit i ordered has 6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you happen to notice the sticky in this forum? List of Color Chemicals and Where To Get Them It has a lot of useful info in it.

I don't mean to imply that getting all the right chemicals is easy, because it's not, but in case you ever want to use Flexicolor chemistry from Kodak or similar from Trebla, it'll probably be worth your while to read it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisphotos123 View Post
    it does not state what order to use the chemicals in as the kit i ordered has 6
    I'm not clear what kit you are using, but in general, you use the developer first, then bleach, then fix, then stabilize. In many kits, the bleach and fix are combined into one solution.

So normally you have either 3 or 4 solutions for C-41 process. If you have 6 chemicals (and assuming your kit is really for C-41 processing and not E-6), then you probably have two or three developer solutions that have to be mixed together before use.

What kit do you have? If it didn't come with directions, then I would suggest you contact the merchant and ask them for it.

EDIT: I noticed your link above. You are using the Tetenal C-41 1 liter kit. That is a very popular kit with a lot of people. I haven't used it, but it definitely should have come with an instruction sheet, or else the instructions would be on the box. Someone here on the forum should be able to give you the details, if you don't have them.
    Last edited by SkipA; 09-21-2012 at 11:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin