Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,930   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Medium Format

Developing Kodachrome Super 8?? possible

Got an old Super 8 cam at Goodwill , film on ebay, shot the Grkids, then found only ONE place develops Super 8 and
    they wanted like $70/roll !
    since i have a darkroom, is possible to develop? I only do B&W but that would be fine if possible.thx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,
    Did you try Dwaynes?
    (sorry...just re-read post and noticed that you have Kodachrome)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Several places will do Super 8 but not the Kodachrome. If you want to use the camera get some current film.

It might be possible to develop your film as black and white. That's what some places will still do with 35mm Kodachrome.

Example: Dwayne's will process Super 8 Ektachrome for $12:

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2...ktachrome.html

Film is available from several sources. Google is your friend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Widescreen says its impossible, emailed Dwaynes to see if they could process as ektachrome.

So i can buy ektachrome super 8? ill check into that. thanks for the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can buy Ektachrome super 8. I don't know where but some of the movie shooters will. Dwyane's can't process Kodachrome as Ektachrome, and no one can process it as color any more, but it can probably be processed as black and white.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi ezwriter,

Yes you can process Kodachrome as a black and white negative. Have a look at the following thread, especially posts 10 and 11 which are very detailed descriptions of developing Kodachrome cine film. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...e-b-w-neg.html.

Note that unlike E6 (slides) and C-41 (colour neg) films, Kodachrome has a backing layer (remjet) which must be removed before processing. Search the threads here - there is loads of info about Kodachrome films, still and moving.

Have fun,
    kevs.
    testing...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin