Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,270   Online: 773

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji CN-16Q vs CN-41 Process

Anyone knows of the difference, if any, between the two processes?

What happens is that, I acquired some photo chemicals from a local school. It is the CPAC 55BL543, Trelux-23 Bleach. That is the Type-III bleach for Fuji CN-16Q process. The sales rep at CPAC said that the bleach is for Fuji, and I'll have to buy the regular CN-41 bleach. Since the price for bleach seems the highest among the quotes, and I have a fairly large quantify (cases) at hand, I just wonder if I can use this bleach in the CN-41 processing. I believe the local school used that bleach for its color processing program.

From searching the internet, it appears the CN-16Q has been merged into CN-41 now. Still, any difference for my purposes?

The CPAC sales rep said, unopened bleach can be stored for a long time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think they are identical.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe they don't identical but for C41 I use Kodak developer Fuji bleach NQ3RS and bw Ilford fixer and all works fine

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    Anyone knows of the difference, if any, between the two processes?

What happens is that, I acquired some photo chemicals from a local school. It is the CPAC 55BL543, Trelux-23 Bleach. That is the Type-III bleach for Fuji CN-16Q process. The sales rep at CPAC said that the bleach is for Fuji, and I'll have to buy the regular CN-41 bleach. Since the price for bleach seems the highest among the quotes, and I have a fairly large quantify (cases) at hand, I just wonder if I can use this bleach in the CN-41 processing. I believe the local school used that bleach for its color processing program.

From searching the internet, it appears the CN-16Q has been merged into CN-41 now. Still, any difference for my purposes?

The CPAC sales rep said, unopened bleach can be stored for a long time.
    you shouldn't have to buy kodak bleach, cn-16 is fuji's name for c-41. make sure you have enough though, cn-16 chems come in different packaging, some for very small capacity minilabs, some for very high capacity. Also, all fuji bleach I've come across is used undiluted.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin