Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 996

Shooter
    Large Format

100ml short on C41 Blix

So looks like after emptying my bottle of Blix into the labware to bring it up to temperature, its coming up at 900ml and not 1L. Is it ok to just add 100ml of water to bring it up to capacity and extend my blix time? FWIW I have two reels of Portra in my tank ready to be processed, I have 1L or Developer and Stabilizer, but my blix is low No Idea how that happened.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Blix time, temperature and concentration are nowhere near as critical as the time, temp and conc for the developers, so you should be fine extending the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is it absolutely essential that you have 1000ml? If you could work with 900ml, your results would more likely turn out right. You do not want to dilute a fixer or bad things might happen. Then again, being just 10% off may not be that bad, reusing your soup a couple of times does the same just from liquid carry over ....
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it's no problem. Just make sure you top off the bath so it covers the entire film surface. If you top off, run it longer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It isn't going to be a problem for you topping it off. I process over 20 rolls per kit in mine and I always have water carry over from my rinse after developer so sometimes I have to dump a little out once my 1L bottles are over-flowing.

My problem is usually dwindling developer from leakage. I have no problem adding 100ml to it if I need to top up. But only once. I tried a second top-up once and had sudden death.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you insist on diluting it, you should extend the blix time at least by 50%. That is, assuming it is unused. That is not clear in your OP.. If it is used blix, then all bets are off. I would not dilute used blix. Well, I would not use blix for film anyhow!

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin