Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waltereegho View Post
    I shot expired Velvia 50 once and the magenta cast totally ruined the colours. ...
    In such cases, instaed of throwing batch out, I would use it with a 05CC or 10CC green filter over taking lens. Time will come in a few years when we will all be using these CC filters for our long expired color films!
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I've shot properly stored Velvia from 1998 that is fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Velvia 50 exposed to high temperatures will lose depth in the primaries, especially red and green. The real test is exposing it in light for which it was not designed for and examining the reaction of the emulsion to the extreme of contrast. On the other hand, if it is exposed in diffuse or soft light (its design intent), one may well arrive at the conclusion that it has come through the storage unscathed. Its tolerance for high temperature is especially poor and degradation does occur.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin