Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,552   Online: 970

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Samples of Ektar 100 printed on Fuji CA

I'm just curious what it looks like. Can you show me some samples of Ektar 100 printed on Fuji CA in the darkroom?

Tusen takk
    Steffen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't got any good examples to hand at the moment as they're on my cubicle walls at work. It is high contrast and high saturation as you'd expect; a similar contrast/saturation to Velvia though the palette differs.

Pulling the C41 one stop gives contrast suitable for a portrait but still way too much saturation (I could show that but it's ugly). Reala pulled one stop on CA works pretty well for faces though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its the high saturation Im after for the fall colours here. But the colours should look pleasant. Thats why Im asking for some examples. Contrast is not the problem I can reduce it with SLIMT in the printing stage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is SLIMT?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Selective Latent Image Manipulation Technique

For RA4 Im using bleach ( mine is from Moersch) in homeopathic doses like 1+1000 to 1+5000 for about 2 minutes before development. Im also always doing a short rinse between SLIMT and development.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's great for foliage colours, you'll have no problem there at all. Plant matter looks quite realistic on Ektar and it's really only skin IMHO that looks bad, similar to RVP50 in that respect.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    polyglot, you have a rather nice one on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24125157@N00/7527604520/

(Let me know if you'd rather I remove the link.)
    Last edited by bvy; 10-20-2012 at 12:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    What is SLIMT?
    Google David Kachel. His site contains some very useful articles including one on SLIMT. It will tell you a lot

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    polyglot, you have a rather nice one on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/24125157@N00/7527604520/

(Let me know if you'd rather I remove the link.)
    Glad you like it, but I didn't post it because it's a poor demonstration of Ektar+CA. That print was made when my RA4 blix wasn't working properly so there is too much black (retained silver) in the dark areas. Ektar+CA should look better than that scan.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Glad you like it, but I didn't post it because it's a poor demonstration of Ektar+CA. That print was made when my RA4 blix wasn't working properly so there is too much black (retained silver) in the dark areas. Ektar+CA should look better than that scan.
    I see what you mean after looking at the scan. I'm really itching to get into RA-4 printing this winter...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin