Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,602   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Can anyone recommend a good C41 120 film developer in Kent, UK?

Hi Guys, I would like to find a good colour 120 developer in Kent so I can get my films developed.

I have tried a couple of places in Canterbury and both produced negs with orange lines and/or banding though 1 or more shots

I am happy to go anywhere in Kent or even slightly further as I drive a lot in my work.

Thanks
    Speed Graphic, Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    35mm
    Joke: Traveller: How do I get from A to B?
    Local: Well if I were you I wouldn't start from A

The point of the above is that unless there is a good lab somewhere in Kent that you can regularly go to on your travels without expense and extra time then the time and expense involved might make it worthwhile to use a high quality lab elsewhere.

I hope you find what you are looking for but if not then you might want to consider trying Agphotographic in B'ham. It has taken over Metro Labs who have a very good reputation. Prices are very good and Matt, the owner, is a regular here and a great guy to deal with.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Pentaxuser, I normally use fujiprint in Burnley and they are great except I dont like having to wait 7 days for my negs. If I can find somewhere in Kent I can get it sorted in a day. So ideally within 100 miles of CT3.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sorry but I can't recommend Fuji Digital Imaging in Burnley if that is who you are talking about. I used them a few times when I first started out as their prices were very competitive if you wanted prints and a CD but I have several rolls of 120 where the last frame was exposed to light during processing. At the time I thought this might be a common error but as I now develop my own film, I realise how hard they would have to work to screw it up in this way.

Peak imaging in Sheffield are very good but i've only used their dev only service for slides.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon, I have used Fuji Digital Imaging in Burnley for my last 15 rolls of C41 and they have been perfect. I just dont like the waiting around. I went to Snappy Snaps in Bromley today who did an hour job dev only for £4.99, I was happy with the results although my shots sucked a bit!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peak Imaging have been excellent for E6 and C-41 processing. I post film on monday afternoon, slides/negs are returned back by wednesday. They offer a freepost service also(which adds a day in turnaround time).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin