Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,891   Online: 798

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFotography View Post
    I'm new here, but I think I'm in the right place judging by the comments above.

Hi LEAFotography, you are in the right place. Welcome to the family!

(sometimes dysfunctional, but still - family)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I plan to as long as the cost per roll is fair. Last month I bought 3 5 packs of velvia 50 and 3 5 packs of velvia 100 for $34 each from amazon. Looked today and they have gone up $7 per 5 pack. at this rate I'll be out soon. I love shooting film but I have my D700 process down to the point of taking and producing great pictures and prints. Nothing can compare to a great slide show but at what cost. Do I really want to pick up $500-$1,000 worth of film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really don't shoot enough 35mm slide. I found I tended to use my 35mm (Nikon F4) like a medium format (tripod, mirror lock-up etc) and so moved to medium format. The problem being that the medium format is heavy, so I don't take it out as often as I used to when using 35mm. I recently had another look through John Shaw's Close-ups in Nature, which always inspires me, and of course all that is taken on 35mm slide, much of in on the much-missed Kodachrome 25. There is still one of my slides taken on an Olympus OM-1 with a tamron 28mm on K25 blown up to about 16"x20" in the foyer of a college that I visit sometimes, and it still looks great. Must do more...must do more....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFotography View Post
    I use 35mm transparency film regularly (Elite Chrome, E100G, Velvia 50) and will do so until my Kodak hoard runs out or Fuji cease production.
    Welcome to Apug!

Aside transparency films by Kodak and Fuji there is also fresh Agfa 200ASA transparency film available: rebranded in 35mm long roll, types 135, 120 and 127.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Projected to 4x6 feet, they look fantastic! That's why.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    I've started experimenting with Ektar neg film for stock. Slide film, especially Fuji is just getting too expensive (£9 a 35mm roll in UK, and that's without processing). ....Am also trying out Agfa Precisa 100asa, which is still reasonably priced. Since the financial return from stock photography has declined dramatically, film cost has to come into the equation.
    I keep film cost low by buying on the internet film in bulk quantities with a near expiry date, or alreday expired since a little time, by a reliable (professional) seller. The last batch of films I bought were Fuji Sensia 100, I paid some €3.40 per roll, shipping is spread on the large purchase and so becomes a little aggravation to the total cost. I keep film in the fridge (both virgin and impressed).

The next bulk purchase will probably be Agfaphoto Precisa but I do have some Rollei 200 CR in the fridge that I have to develop, I'll see how those perform, they are supposed to be much grainier than ordinary 100 ISO film (and also grainier than more modern 200 ISO film) but that is not necessarily a problem especially for stock photography. Rollei 200 CR is also available as bulk film (100ft rolls) and that begins being quite inexpensive indeed.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The AgfaPhoto Precisa may be not Agfa film at all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The AgfaPhoto Precisa may be not Agfa film at all.
    It is believed to be Fuji Provia with less stringent quality controls.

AgfaPhoto is just a brand and is not to be confused with Agfa-Gevaert, which is the producer of the aerial film sold in the photographic market with the Rollei brand. So Rollei is not Rollei but Agfa, AgfaPhoto is not Agfa but Fuji...
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format

Do you still shoot 35mm transparency and why?

Funny. I was scanning some ancient kodachromes recently and decided to actually project some. I had not done this in years. What was telling was that a young guy who had not really seen Kodachrome before was blown away. I was too. I had recently scanned a lot of them on a V700 at a high res, and thought they looked good until I projected them. We have bunch of nice 60" displays here but the kodachromes looked nicer on our old projector in our opinion. Kodachrome is gone but the fuji E6 I have kicking around will be saved from Xpro as I will make it into slides.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmccrac View Post
    ...but the fuji E6 I have kicking around will be saved from Xpro as I will make it into slides.
    Ah, sweet music...
    - Bill Lynch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin