Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,021   Online: 835

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canadian E-6 and C-41 Availability

Been busy out of town working that I forgot to spread the word. I was in touch with Beau Photo in B.C. last month. They're carrying C-41 and E-6 kits now.

Arista E-6 1qt: 53.95
    Arista C-41 1qt: 44.45

Tetenal kits were going to be stocked as well.

C-41 1L Kit $46.51
    C-41 5L Kit $78.13

E6 1L Kit $69.70
    E6 5L Kit $113.96

Keep in mind pricing may have changed. Contact Nicole if you want to order or get current pricing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beau can also source non-kit (i.e. minilab) chemistry, but they may need help with SKU numbers.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All pricing is available on their site and is up to date as of my visit there last friday.
    (The only recent change to their price list is that Efke will no longer be carried, as it is no longer being produced.)

I bought a Unicolor kit when I was in LA. The guy at Freestyle said Beau can source you just about anything from their store, just expect to pay the markup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was talking mainly about the Tetenal kit pricing. They haven't gotten them on their price list yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My mistake! I guess "all pricing" being there was an oversight on my part

I think I did see them in the store already though? Good news regardless---I've been interested in doing my own C41 for ages with no luck finding reliable suppliers in Canada. And thankfully this one is right down the street!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It IS good news. I have been sitting on my stock pile of 4x5, and 8x10 E-6 sheets and the last Kodak kit I have. Which took months for Vistek to get in about 4 years ago. Not wanting to commit myself to them knowing that once they're gone, they're gone.

The 1L kits are on the rather expensive side. Especially for C-41. Considering the powdered kits are going to $20. Which is what I am used to for C-41 processing. But the 5L kits are definately at an attractive price. Still more expensive than what I was paying for the Kodak kits. But not unnaceptably.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still cheaper than local labs for 135, and still much cheaper than local labs for anything bigger. I no longer am afraid to use my one and only kit!

Has anyone ever ordered something like this to a PO box in Blaine? Can you do that with chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    Still cheaper than local labs for 135, and still much cheaper than local labs for anything bigger. I no longer am afraid to use my one and only kit!

Has anyone ever ordered something like this to a PO box in Blaine? Can you do that with chemicals?
    I have a shipper/receiver in Point Roberts (TSB Shipping) who I use way too much.

The problem usually involves payment rules (we only ship to the billing address on your credit card, or will only ship to your verified PayPal address) or sometimes some of the policies of people like Amazon and Fedex, who always seem to be trying to label companies like TSB as commercial destinations, and therefore ineligible for the deals in shipping.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post

I don't know about in the US, but here in Canada, Canada Post will not accept dangerous goods, and only Canada Post can ship to a PO Box.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I have a shipper/receiver in Point Roberts (TSB Shipping) who I use way too much.

The problem usually involves payment rules (we only ship to the billing address on your credit card, or will only ship to your verified PayPal address) or sometimes some of the policies of people like Amazon and Fedex, who always seem to be trying to label companies like TSB as commercial destinations, and therefore ineligible for the deals in shipping.
    I find that strange, that commercial destinations are considered differently. I used to work for a courier, and did deliveries, you could have 100 pieces going to 100 houses, and bring every darn one of them back, because people either work during the day, or they work nights and don't answer the door. A lot of people know this, and simply have stuff shipped to their work address, where either shipping/receiving or reception signs for it, then they would call you at your desk to come by and get it. If it went to your house, you would then need to haul yourself down to the depot, many miles out of your way to receive it. 90% of the house deliveries with no one home, when we called people, about these items, they would ask for it to be sent to their work address anyway....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin