Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,636   Online: 771

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Provia- Oh. My. God.

I just shot and had returned, my first roll ever of transparency film. It was just one single roll of Provia 100 film. I've never even seen a medium format slide before (6 x 4.5). Wow! The colors just jump off the film! Even more incredible was it that I shot this roll under the flattest light you can imagine. It was totally overcast out doors. Yet the colors were still very impressive. Back in the day when I was a film shooter, I never was tempted by transparency film. I always was a negative guy. Now that I shoot medium format, the pull to see more slide film is rather strong now. I havent even yet seen one of these slides projected. That's a problem because a) no projector, b) no screen, and c) these slides are not mounted. So for now it's just looking at the slides themselves, and scans.

Still, I am impressed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try exploring your images with a high power loupe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get yourself a M/F projector and blow your mind.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey, don't ever go look at a 4x5 chrome

And get some Velvia and shoot it with a CPL.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, chromes have that effect on a lot of people. I've had people tell me all they want to shoot is B+W. I donate a roll of Provia or Velvia, and they suddenly like color.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is a magical thing. One day I want to try shooting with a good 3D camera (not too many of those out there!), and view them ala a viewmaster. If it looks half as good as the 3D image does in a Rollei / Hasselblad style finder, it will be well worth the effort.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the Magic world of Slide Film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try Velvia 100 and Provia 400X too!

Images
    Those MF chromes will pale when put beside a 4x5. I love slide film. I don't like the price of the LF stuff though.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When slide film is used well, I consider its rendering better than C41 film. Its limited range causes the brights to really pop. While a C41 negative may look more natural, it introduces more image background noise which I'd just rather not have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin