Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,236   Online: 889

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    Nor could they explain why, what appears to be inversion agitation is included in the ones for rotary agitation without giving an adequate explanation.
    At least this problem is solved, as I explained above, hinting at the omission of the word "inverting" in the English section.
    The other issues of course are not solved...

Shooter
    35mm
    I got fed up with waiting for a reply from Tetenal so I made a decision and went ahead using the JOBO timings which seemed to be the most straight forward, but with fingers crossed! Well they are perfect even if I say so myself. 2 lots of transparencies hanging up to dry. 1 x Fuji Sensia and 1 x CR200 which I believe is a re-hash of an Agfa film, but made in Belgium.

I modified the timings slightly, from the JOBO recommendations. I Washed between stages longer than the JOBO = 5 x 30 second instead of 4. and colour developed for 6 mins instead of 4. Otherwise it was as per the JOBO times Both films were as good as I have ever done in the past. That is what I will use from now on.

The CR200 is on an Estar base just like the Technical Pan film from Kodak used to be. (I think that's what it is called.) You cannot tear or snap it so it has to be cut. Nice clean natural colours and not OTT with saturation and seemingly quite a bit of latitude.

This film is really cheap in UK with 2 cassettes for £7. I will be using it again.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    ... CR200 which I believe is a re-hash of an Agfa film, but made in Belgium.
    This film from Agfa has the same emulsion as a late Agfa consumer reversal film but is coated on PET base for aerial camera use. Rebranded available as type 135 conversion.

Shooter
    35mm
    So no issue with plastic tanks either, I presume? Tetenal's whole approach is liable to produce the same outcome for its business that Gerald Ratner's speech at the Conservative Party Conference did way back in I think Maggie Thatch's days when he described how he could sell his stuff for bargain prices because it was "tat"

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    pentaxuser. No problem with the tanks as you surmised. I think these 'warnings' are given out as a possible defence against being sued if things go wrong. But the use of 'plastic is so vague and no plastic is specifically highlighted that use as a defence would not really be adequate. I have no proof of course but you get used to reading between the lines in this day and age.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 11-02-2012 at 05:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm

Processing Velvia 100

Just to make another assessment after processing a cassette of Velvia 100 with the Tetenal 1 ltr kit. (Previously I only tried it on CR200) The 7.5 minute 1st developer does seem to be a little long, so for the next time I will reduce it by 15 seconds. Whilst the resulting Transparencies had a good black, the highlights were a little thin, more so than I would have expected even with Velvia with its inherent higher contrast. I will be able make a better judgement once they are mounted and projected.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

No extended FD time for Fuji films in Tetenal

Hi all,

Mr BMbikerider, sorry I missed your thread, or, as a user of Tetenal E6 kit with Jobo processor, I would have reacted earlier.
    We discussed rather extensively the inconsistancy problem of First developer Time with Tetenal 3 bath kit in the past, an interesting thread is here :
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...questions.html

Read in particular the third page, where I made a little test using 6:30 and 7:30 times for First Developer with Provia 100F.
    My conclusion was in the opposite of what I believed first: don't use extended time for Fuji films !

One can say that the difference is rather narrow, but I my conclusion is that the "pro"-line of Fuji film is rather forgiving concerning an extra minute of development.
    Things are different when processing "consumer-grade" film like Sensia 200 : I learned it the hard way when I got blown highlight and a green cast on Sensia processed 7:30 in FD.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Raphael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin