Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,249   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    They are not 10 litre kits. It is a 20 litre kit, but with two lots of bottles to make the 20 ltr (2 sol A 2 x Sol B and 2 x Sol C).

You WILL need the starter otherwise the paper will not develop to its full potential if at all. The reason it is not included in the replenishment working solution is the paper carries over enough of the 'starter' to not need any more.

Tetenal make a 5 litre kit which does not include a 'starter', simply because it is already mixed with the other chemicals.

In my solution B bottles I tried but cannot get more than 120cc of water in an empty 'B' bottle when I fill it up to the top of the level in the unopened 'B' bottle. I have used these dilutions for over 20 yrs now and they have always proved correct.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    Yes, it has been posted many times on this forum that working solutions of color developers, stored in glass (and possibly high quality plastic) jars filled to the top can have a very long life as oxidation is minimized. I use glass canning jars, readily available in different sizes. I always mix the whole amount at once and stored this way I have had RA-4 and C-41 developers last more than three years with results indistinguishable from fresh, and little change in color of the chemistry.
    A cheap and very pleasurable way of obtaining suitable bottles for storage, is to use screw top wine bottles after consuming the contents. They are usually dark brown or green as a bonus. Usually where I buy mine from they are conveniently .6 litre. After two or three of these the colours all come out quite naturally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin