Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,893   Online: 1221

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fair enough, but it is not available from USA distributors any longer. My distributors all received notice that it was discontinued.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found a box marked 160C in my freezer that I have never looked in until today. In it are 2 rolls of 160C Dated 2011-1, 2 ROLLS OF NPH-400 dated 2003-7, and one Roll of Provia 100F ISO 100 Dated 2009-5. All in in the 160C Box which came with a Rolleiflex SL66 which I bought about a year or so ago. The film box was thrust into the film freezer and has happily lived there ever since. If you will send me your address I will gladly give this film to you. I don't know its history prior to living here, but it has lived here rather well. No charge. My presento to you as I will never use it. whlogan@loganphotographics.com
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right on Logan,
    I'm betting it's all good except a possibility the 400H could have shifted a bit.
    Hard to tell.

Awesome gesture!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey whlogan and tjaded, I'm sending you both PM's. Thanks so much!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    Fair enough, but it is not available from USA distributors any longer. My distributors all received notice that it was discontinued.
    I add that at the Photokina show in September, this film was listed as available!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I add that at the Photokina show in September, this film was listed as available!
    Exactly.
    The film was both in the show case, and listed on the Fujifilm product flyers with the whole Fujifilm film range.

Here in Germany all film distributors offer this film. No problems at all to buy it.
    If you have problems to get it in the US, consider to buy it in Europe. Lot's of European distributors do international business and ship film overseas.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    Fuji discontinued all of the Pro 160 film earlier this year without any announcement.
    So you know this telepathically, right? What with there being no announcement or anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    So you know this telepathically, right? What with there being no announcement or anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Matt (tjaded) owns a store in San Francisco, USA that sells film and other photographic goods. So my guess is that he was really saying is that Fuji USA discontinued the Pro 160 film without any warning.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah, Fuji USA being intransigent and opaque. They'd never behave like that!

My point is, big difference between local unavailability and discontinuance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin