Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,537   Online: 990

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji Pro 160NS - Where do you buy yours?

Hey Everyone,

Throughout it's many re-formulations and re-brandings, Fuji Pro 160NS has always been my favorite and most reliable color film...but it's getting pretty hard to find. I'm not a huge fan of ebay, but it looks like the only place you can purchase it in the states.

Is there anyone else here that absolutely loves this film that knows of a store in the U.S. still selling 120 pro packs?

Any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by Matt Brown; 11-02-2012 at 10:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this the new version?

I'm still working through some 220 of the 160"s" and I think I have a few rolls of "c".

I'm assuming the "ns" is the latest iteration?
    I've never shot any or even seen it offered at the big 2. (adorama/B&H)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, Pro 160NS is the latest version of the film that used to be known as Pro 160S and, way back, NPS 160. It has less saturation and contrast than Pro 160C, which I believe doesn't really exist anymore.

As far as I can tell, it's only sold in Europe and Japan...but I'm hoping someone knows a place in the U.S. where I can get it without paying obscene shipping costs or VAT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt. That's what I thought I remembered reading.

Good luck in the search.

Have you considered the new Portra 400. That stuff is nice for a 400 speed. Heck it's a nice film period.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few pro-packs left at my store. PM me if you are interested.

Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Brown View Post
    Yeah, Pro 160NS is the latest version of the film that used to be known as Pro 160S and, way back, NPS 160. It has less saturation and contrast than Pro 160C, which I believe doesn't really exist anymore.

As far as I can tell, it's only sold in Europe and Japan...but I'm hoping someone knows a place in the U.S. where I can get it without paying obscene shipping costs or VAT.
    Fuji 160NS is freely available in China. I saw many boxes of it this week when at the film store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you Email Fuji U.S and tell them you are having problems getting it , and find out which stores they have supplied it to recently.
    I've just seen Amazon.com in the U.S. are selling it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-03-2012 at 07:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I suggest you Email Fuji U.S and tell them you are having problems getting it , and find out which stores they have supplied it to recently.
    Unfortunately Fuji isn't known for good customer communications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji discontinued all of the Pro 160 film earlier this year without any announcement.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    ON the japanese fujifilm site, which is the only one reliable, they still list the 160 range of pro films !

Please, don't tell things like that ! In Europe there is no problem to have some, and I have in my shop ! 120 roll films and 4x5 inch !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin