Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,204   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Multi Format

Changing from Supra Endura to Crystal Archive II

During my next printing session I will use up the last of my 8x10 Supra Endura and make the change to Fuji Crystal Archive II. I am sure that I am not the first to make this transition. What have you found the difference in filter packs and exposure for these papers to be? I am presently using 90M, 120Y for my filter pack and exposing an 8x10 at f/16 for around 12 seconds. Should I expect to need more or less filtration and how much? Will I see my exposures increase or decrease and, again, by about how much. For example, and change of -20M, and -50Y would give me a starting point of 70M and 70Y. If the Fuji needs a half stop more exposure my starting times for the initial test prints would be around 17 seconds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very generally, I have found that exposure times are typically shorter than with Supra Endura, and the filter pack is generally lower as well. That doesn't mean that your results will be similar.

-Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Supra needed more red filtration as it aged. I aslo found less filtration and faster paper when I moved from Supra, some thing less that 60 in Y and M.

I aim to adjust aperture to stay between 5 and 10 seconds. I understand that longer exposures can lead to reciprocity failure at different rates for differnet colors. I have not vigorously tested this, just stuck with guidelines in literature I read 20 or more years ago.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "What a day."
    [FONT="Arial"][/FONT]John Weinland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin