Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,127   Online: 805

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Please help with E^in Europe

Hi everyone!

I am in need of your help. I sent my last two batches of E6 for processing in Germany through a friend, but the lead time is getting two long even for vacation snap (almost three months). My friend takes them to MediaMarkt and the price is peanuts (2 EUR / 120 film) but the wait is killing me.

So the question is: Does anyone know a lab that is willing to process E6 (at good quality) for a reasonable price (not 2 EUR but not 20 either) and is willing to ship it within the EU ? (I would pay postage both ways)

I have thought about home-processing, but I'm in over my head with B/W, starting my photo-printing business and a kid that's due to come one of these days (most likely tomorrow) so that is, for the moment, out of the question.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Knowing your exact location in Europe would help others assist you.
    Are you in Germany, now?

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a company in UK which is very highly regarded and that is Peak Imaging. They run a 24 hour turn around and for UK customers the price of processing and returned unmounted E6 films is around £4.50. If you go onto the web and Google 'Peak Imaging' you will get their address and what they do.

I have just spoken to that company and the cost of postage is more than the processing itself. For processing it is £4.94 (unmounted) Mounted is approx £2 more and the airmail return postage is £7.50. The rate of exchange Pound/Euro makes the full cost for unmounted E6 approx 18 Euros. It will be at most a 3 day service.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 11-06-2012 at 03:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Warsaw cheapest option is Rossmann - they are good also. You leave it in any store and come back after couple of days.

http://www.rossmann.com.pl/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bring my E-6 films to the local photostore (http://www.combigroningen.nl/). They send it out to a the Fuji-lab somewhere in the south of the Netherlands. I get them back within a week and it costs only 2,50-3,00 euro (only developing).

I sometimes bring them to the HEMA-store in town (http://www.hema.nl/Foto/snelservice-analooog.aspx). I'm pretty sure that they send it to the same lab. Some price, but I get it back a bit quicker.

Quality is ok. But last year they messed up with the framing. I had to reframe a lot of slides.

There doesn't seem a way to send film to the lab directly.

Regards,

Jan Alwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian View Post
    So the question is: Does anyone know a lab that is willing to process E6 (at good quality) for a reasonable price (not 2 EUR but not 20 either) and is willing to ship it within the EU ? (I would pay postage both ways)
    Thanks!
    Hello Julian,

I can highly recommend Photostudio 13 in Germany: www.photostudio13.de .
    Excellent professional quality (dip and dunk machine; Kodak Q-Lab quality control) at very reasonable prices:
    4,31€ for 135
    3,75€ for 120 (both without VAT).
    They develop E6 every day, and your developed films are sent back to you just after developing the same day.
    They also do shipping to other countries.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow!
    Didn't expect so many answers. Unfortunately, I live in Romania, so the customized mailers/prepaid mail/other local systems won't work for me. I need someone who can receive orders from abroad and who ships internationally within the EU. I could, for instance, send a package with the films and receive the same package with them developed.

Thanks anyway, I will look into the options already presented. I know a few others who would like to do E6 but are scared because oa a lack of processing, so if I find a good lab with decent prices I might even offer this service commercially at no added cost

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian View Post
    Wow!
    Didn't expect so many answers. Unfortunately, I live in Romania, so the customized mailers/prepaid mail/other local systems won't work for me. I need someone who can receive orders from abroad and who ships internationally within the EU. I could, for instance, send a package with the films and receive the same package with them developed.
    Julian, no problem with sending Photostudio 13 a normal package with films. No prepaid mailer necessary.
    But as you live in Romania: I remember an apug member reporting about a good E6 lab in Bukarest, Romania's capital. I'll send you a pm.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations with the imminent arrival of your child.

There should be no problem with any lab sending you back processed E6 from within the EU, unless you mean this is blocked somewhere in your local postal system? After all, films are inert and not subject to hazmat restrictions at all. It would also be a surprise if there is no lab in your own country. You could contact Kodak professional services for addresses of registered Q-labs, or at least look at this link for their lab-seeker. It is very likely that there are far more, perfectly adequate, labs which are not in the Q-Lab system though, so you could enquire at your film-supplier too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Studio13 replied with some good quotes so I will probably use them.

What I meant about the mailers is that most labs have a setup for nation-wide processing and they may not be interested in international orders.

The lab in Bucharest is my last resort. All my taxes go there so I prefer the rest of my money to go elsewhere I will send them a test film, but not these ones since some of them have pictures important to me and I project them. I also plan to project some of them at work among the dslr enthusiasts there, to showcase what film can do so color casts and scratches would defeat the purpose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin