Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,986   Online: 809

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If you had read this thread, you would find that there are many similar offers.

PE
    Ouch. I did read the thread, but obviously not closely enough. My apologies.

John

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd rather have Aerochrome EIR back. Just throwing it out there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As it now stands, Kodachrome was the first reversal film to go, process and all, and E6 may follow in its footsteps. Kodak has already discontinued their E6 line of films. Fuji now has the full market, but digital is replacing reversal film rapidly. So, the full E6 line will be the next to go. [...]
    PE, intuitively, what is your best guess, how long will E6 be with us? I shot analogue precisely because of E6. I don't think C-41 could do it for me. I would probably go back to digital. I already regret that I discovered analogue photography so late. Last two years have been really, really great.

Best wishes,
    Christian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In 2009 a renown scientist in the field of colour films predicted that there would not be any colour films manufactured by 2011...

So much about predictions. Have to polish my crystal ball now...
    Last edited by AgX; 11-20-2012 at 05:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film will be around for a long time since we keep buying it. There´s probably more people shooting film today than there was 30 years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The question is not about film being around, but rather about E6 being around, and also whether C41 is up to the task of replacing E6 as a viable color film.

I cannot predict anything! I am with AgX. I have no crystal ball. I can say that sames are tiny compared to color neg. And, a well done color neg can actually exceed the quality of any E6 product.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And, a well done color neg can actually exceed the quality of any E6 product.

PE
    While I quite agree on matters like colour accuracy, there is the matter of (negative) display materials having much poorer dynamic range (than chromes) because they're reflective instead of transmissive.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I rarely see E6 materials on display. It is much more common for backlit work to be made on Kodak Duratrans RA4 material, or Fuji and Ilford equivalents from color negatives or Lightjet from E6 originals.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    While I quite agree on matters like colour accuracy, there is the matter of (negative) display materials having much poorer dynamic range (than chromes) because they're reflective instead of transmissive.
    That's with prints though, it's hard to know the dynamic range of a C41 negative printed on say motion picture print film, the problem though may be the same as the problem for E6 though, because MP is moving towards digital presentation as well. There is an advantage there though, you only really need one emulsion at one speed which is fairly slow, so it can be produced in larger batches, and lasts longer in storage, then an E6 film.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    C-41 and motion print films are not optimized on each other concerning gamma.

However there is RA-4 transparency film, that has a Dmax above 3.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin