Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,029   Online: 899

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The C41 product would give better sharpness and grain.

PE
    You are very right. But even the RA-4 film is above standard camera film concerning resolution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't disagree, but these "duratrans" materials were designed for large displays in stores for commercial purposes and thus were not specifically engineered to make small slide images for intimate projection or duplication through several generations.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    So we are looking at the Agfa C-41 or ECP. The future of ECP is probably short due to the mass conversion of movie theaters to digital projection, which leaves us with E-6, Agfa C-41, or materials like the FujiClear film. A roll of the fujiclear would probably last photographers like us a very long time if we were to use it for contact prints of C-41 negatives. I wonder how well it would stand up to projection.

Wow this thread has gotten off-topic. We started out talking about future Kodachrome processing and now we're talking about how to get our slide fix if E-6 disappears (hey, I'm an optimist!). But that's okay this topic needs to be explored.
    While film distributors would like to kill off analog projection, it cost's about $100K per screen to go digital, and for the theatre owner, there isn't any real advantage, other then being able to provide fake 3D....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Future Kodachrome Colour Developing

Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Wow this thread has gotten off-topic. We started out talking about future Kodachrome processing and now we're talking about how to get our slide fix if E-6 disappears (hey, I'm an optimist!). But that's okay this topic needs to be explored.
    I'm not sure I wold even consider it off topic. I think we're precisely sizing up the future of Kodachrome.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Back To Steve's orgianal Post...
    I am keen to take up your offer, although i dont really want to spend that much on a roll for myself, i want to try and get other photographers to chip in and take a few shots per roll, i will find a good compact camera such as an olympus XA2 or something similar, and take a few shots for myself, and "share" the camera around a few others to split the costs, im sure there are many photographers who would be out there who would give that a go.

$260 for a 36exp roll sounds expensive, but that only works out at $7.20 per exposure, im happy to take a few shots at that price, but couldnt afford a whole roll for myself at this stage.

If we can find more in aussie who want to do the same thing, that would work out good, as we should be able to get 5 rolls together.

I will get a camera set up and loaded with K64 (i have 5 24exp rolls left) and will ask round for photographers here in New Zealand who wil be keen to have a few shots, its just a matter of recording how many exposures each photographer takes, so we know who's who's afterwards!

Could take a while before we get the films ready, as there are a few special places i would like to photograph over the summer, and im sure others will be too, so now's the time to look for people seriously interested and we go from there.
    I think the "share the camera" idea as suggested is going to be the easiest and most attractive way to do this.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nzoomed, please see here:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I can do it, I currently have a small amount of chemistry left and to process more film in the future would need to buy additional chemicals.
    I posted this as a way of guaging interest, and it is good to see there is a little bit out there. Though the idea of shooting on kodachrome for the sake of "One last time"
    doesn't seem justified to me. If someone wanted me to go to all the effort of processing the material I would want to see previous work they had done and know the history of the roll they are wanting me to process and also why its justified I go to the effort of doing this. The price I posted is not a price I would profit from. surprisingly doing it as $260 a roll I make a small loss but it is the absolute bone cutting minimum for doing this process at of 2012. If I do decide to do it as a one off thing I will make it very public knowledge and give a future date as to when the one time process will occur.
    Steven recently confirmed his attitude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Yes he did...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm
    Nzoomed, please see here:

Which was what?
    What thread was that?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread. Post # 109

I admit he did that limitation on his service quite late...

(By the way: by clicking on that little arrow behind the poster's name in a quotation you'll get to that posting in the original thread context.)

Shooter
    35mm
    This thread. Post # 109

I admit he did that limitation on his service quite late...

(By the way: by clicking on that little arrow behind the poster's name in a quotation you'll get to that posting in the original thread context.)
    Oh yes i did catch part of that thread earlier.
    I do understand why he would not want to waste his time on such a valuable process, if no one was shooting it seriously or professionally enough.
    That would include myself and i wouldnt want to spend that much on a roll either, hence why the "share the camera" would be one last chance to let people like myself shoot kodachrome, one last time, personally i would like a photo of me and/or my family shot on it as a keepsake.

For now ive started shooting E6 (Ektachrome) for the first time and love it, ive stockpiled about 30 rolls of a mixture of E100G, E100VS and Elitechrome, which should last me a few years, enough for me to get a good taste of it before E6 processing finally dies perhaps.

I love E6, and love the results im getting, even if im not professional, while i still want to shoot kodachrome, i understand it may never happen, but will take the opportunity if it arises.
    I should mention here that the demise of Kodachrome is ACTUALLY what has given me an interest in FILM photography again, well as far as reversal films goes it does.
    I dont have much time for C41 films personally, i would rather shoot digital than C41.
    There's something about reversal film that i like, but cant really put my finger on it, the whole image has a unique feel that digital cant replicate.

For now i want to keep E6 alive for as long as possible and only the power of us combined can keep that going, as long as people buy the stuff, and sales dont drop, it should be fine.

Something i may be interested to explore though is using motion picture film in a still camera. Kodak vision or any ECN2 film would be rather interesting to experiment with and i expect the picture would be significantly different than C41 films, (probably better as far as skin tones goes etc)

I think Steve should seriously look at helping this poor person who is struggling to produce a film dedicated to the space shuttle, he shot it on kodachrome and he has a few undeveloped rolls left that never made it to dwaynes.
    His site is:
    http://shuttlelaunchfilm.com/

I should try and put Stephen in contact with him.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin